The education aims to provide specialist training in the field of renovation, reconstruction and modernization of building and facilities. This objective is achieved through the expansion and enrichment of theoretical knowledge in preparing students that would allow realization of graduates in a wide range of activities in the field of construction.
The engineers, who have obtained Master degree in this filed, acquire knowledge and skills to solve structural and technological issues related to the renovation of buildings and facilities, including analyzing the technical documentation, selection of appropriate materials and systems, implementation of various operations in the construction process associated with the renovation of buildings and facilities, economic knowledge and management skills in construction practice.
The graduating engineers also receive specific skills in solving particular structural and technological issues, evaluation of the condition and analysis of the behaviour of structures and insulation systems, design of reconstructed buildings on seismic impacts, design and implementation management of buildings with “dry” construction systems, design and implementation management of modern facade systems, implementation management of installation systems in the renovation of buildings and facilities.
After having completed their studies, the engineers in “Renovation of buildings and facilities” acquire knowledge and skills for the implementation of the following activities:
- Preparation of construction projects of buildings and facilities related to their renovation, reconstruction and modernization;
- Drawing-up or participating in drawing-up of construction and technological projects of buildings and facilities related to their renovation, reconstruction and modernization;
- Pursuit of consulting, technical and management activities in the construction industry and in particular in the field of renovation, reconstruction and modernization of buildings and facilities;
- Organization and management of undertakings active in construction, renovation, reconstruction and modernization;
- Implementation of modern systems construction materials for renovation of buildings and materials;
- Preparation of the required technical documentation related to the implementation and use permit of a construction site;
- Carrying out research and development activities in the field of renovation, reconstruction and modernization of buildings and facilities whether in-depth knowledge of theory and practice are required;
- Performing of experimental investigation, performance audit and evaluation of engineering structures and facilities, of individual elements and components;
- Carrying out teaching activities in higher education institutions.
The graduates in " Renovation of buildings and facilities" master program can find professional development as:
- Consultants, technical experts and managers of activities related to the renovation of buildings and facilities;
- Designers of buildings and facilities subject to renovation, reconstruction and modernization;
Professionals in the field of controlling authorities, international organizations in the field of construction, consulting firms.
Head of the program:
Acad. Yatcko Ivanov, DSc.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018