The Master in Public Policy at the Jeffrey Cheah Institute on Southeast Asia prepares students to develop practical solutions to real-world policy problems in the region through a multi-disciplinary focus in economics, quantitative analysis, and public policy management.
This Program is formulated to equip graduates and mid-career professionals to develop greater technical capability in evidence-based policy analysis and to possess a deeper understanding of fundamental concepts and contemporary issues on economic development, social inclusion, political governance, and technological trends.
Who We Are Looking For
Complex policy problems require multidisciplinary solutions. As such, we seek to attract candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are looking for people who not only wish to take their careers to the next level but want to make a difference in the world.
3 Semesters (full-time)
With the skills accumulated in this program, graduates will be equipped to address the policy challenges of rapidly-changing socioeconomic dimensions in the region. The program’s multidisciplinary emphasis on knowledge, analytic skills, and management is highly transferable across sectors, issues, and regions. Graduates are able to work throughout the world in key roles in the public, private, or non-profit sectors.
- Microeconomics for Public Policy
- Macroeconomics for Public Policy
- Quantitative Research Methods
- History of Economic Development
- Capstone Research Project 1
- Elective 1
- Capstone Research Project 2
- Elective 2
Subject to change
- Financial Market Development
- International Trade, Regionalism and Global Production Value-Chains
- Education Policies and Human Capital Development in Asia
- Politics of Public Policy
- Sustainable Development Policies
- Urbanization, Transportation and Regional Growth
- Social Entrepreneurship and Inclusive Growth and more
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 in a related discipline. The program is designed for those with relevant working experience, however deserving fresh graduates will also be considered.
Candidates who completed undergraduate studies where the medium of instruction was English would have met the language requirements. International candidates should demonstrate sufficient English proficiency for the needs of the program.
As part of your application, you will need to nominate two referees who are senior people acquainted with your work and who must provide written comment on your academic and/or professional suitability to undertake the program.
Applicants will be required to submit:
- A detailed CV
- A certified copy of each degree-level certificate obtained
- Certified copies of all degree-level transcripts
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE score report (if applicable)
- Two letters of reference (academic and/ or professional)
- A personal statement of your interest in Master in Public Policy.
About the School
For almost 32 years Sunway University has established a reputation both in Malaysia and overseas, as an inspiring educational leader. Perfectly harnessing the highest quality of academic personnel and ... Read More