The Public Economics and Administration programme is for everyone who wants to understand the relationship between the private and public sectors. The programme encourages critical thinking; students analyse problems, look for potential solutions, and discuss the impact of these solutions. They acquire a profound knowledge of the public finance and administration systems and learn to efficiently manage public funds both in public revenue and in public spending. The programme also includes non-profit studies. It is currently the only program in the Czech Republic with the international EAPAA accreditation.
The graduates will:
- master specialist terminology and language both in its written and oral form
- be able to apply suitable tools of quantitative analysis when tackling tasks related to various areas of public economics and finance and to interpret the results correctly
- be able to explain advanced theoretical and methodological findings of general economic theory
- understand theoretical findings related to public finance, public administration and non-profit studies and apply these findings when handling model and practical situations
- be equipped for positions requiring independent decision-making, initiative, and the ability to analyze and solve problems, formulate concepts, and plan, create and realize projects
Graduates assume management positions in regional and municipal administrative bodies, government agencies, municipal companies, and European institutions. Many pursue careers in the private sector as well as non-profit management, where they work as directors, fundraisers, PR and communications experts, project managers, and economists.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 7, 2017