This program is taught in FRENCH.
The degree of Master of Psychological Sciences gives access under the professional title of Psychologist. The program ensures a solid formal training and practice on a human in order to exert psychology in fields varied such as those of health, work, education or justice, while adopting an ethical and scientific approach. It makes ready to work so much with individuals than of the groups or organizational structures in order to promote human development and the wellbeing. It also makes it possible to develop useful competencies to undertake research in psychology and to profit from the bases necessary to the continuation of a career of a researcher. The program is organized according to two finalities: the specialized finality and the deepened finality. The specialized finality prepares with the practice in various fields of the exercise of psychology. The step of specialization is however clearly founded on the assets of research in psychology and aims at making acquire the competencies based on a rigorous scientific approach. The deepened finality has as main objective to prepare for research in psychology and to train researchers. This finality gives an unconditional access to the doctoral formation and the doctorate.
Profile of the program
The program adds up at least 120 ECTS distributed over two years of studies comprising 60 ECTS each one. In the two finalities (deepened and specialized), the program includes obligatory courses whose objective is to look further into the basic training in psychology. The obligatory courses must make it possible any student to acquire a vision of the psychology which exceeds the strict limits of the finality that he/she chooses. Employment which the holders of the degree have to fill being characterized by a great diversity, it is desirable that the formation comprises a part more general, while also allowing a professionalization through the choice of a finality and several options. In the deepened finality, the student must moreover follow a module “Training to research”. In the two finalities, the program includes/ training courses and a work of end of studies or memory. In the two finalities, the program makes it possible for the students to choose options. It is about a coherent whole of courses related to the large current fields of the exercise of psychology.
The options are:
- Legal psychology;
- Systemic clinic psychology;
- Clinic psychology and psychopathology;
- Clinic psychology and psychotherapy;
- Psychology of aging;
- Psychology of the handicap;
- Clinical Orthopedagogy;
- Psychology of the personnel;
- Ergonomic psychology;
- Organization and work psychology;
- Psychology of the language;
- Psychology of the family;
- Family and society.
The number of options to be chosen differs according to the finality: three, in the specialized finality and two, the deepened finality.
At the end of this course program, the students will be able to:
- To adapt and use knowledge, the models, the tools and the methods used in various fields of psychology;
- To analyze a situation implying of humans to determine an adapted intervention, to evaluate it, question its implication and to put it in prospect taking into consideration requirement of the exercise of psychology, as well on the plan of competences as of the deontology and ethics;
- To use methodologies of investigation in psychology (clinical methodology, scientific methodology, etc.) as well as the methods evaluation psychological;
- To control the management of the interpersonal and professional relationships;
- To adopt a correct behavior thanks to a control of the legal framework of the exercise of the profession;
- To continue a personal professional development, etc.
Occupational profiles of graduates
In a general way, the holders of the degree have to work in fields very varied concerning health, work, and employment, education, justice, etc. Here some examples:
- Independent psychologists ;
- Psychologists in hospital;
- Psychologists in mental health centers, family plannings, etc.;
- Psychologists in a company, in services of human resource management, etc.;
- Experts of programs of health, prevention, etc.;
- Mediators in the management of conflicts or crisis situations;
- Psychologists school or professional orientation; advisers, experts in international agencies;
- Psychologists in institutions for children or teenagers, etc.;
- Researchers in a university or a research center;
- In any other function which requires a university degree, etc.
Access to further studies
With the degree of Master of Psychological Sciences, the students can continue by the doctoral formation and the doctorate (3rd cycle) in Psychological and Educational Sciences. The holders of the degree also have access to Aggregation for higher secondary education (AESS). They also have access to Complementary Masters (xxx) in risk management and wellbeing to work, in psychoanalytical theories, and university pedagogy and of higher education, and in languages.
Mode of study
The Master in Psychological Sciences is offered full-time in Mons with classes in the daytime.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 20, 2018