MBA Professional degree in Hotel and Tourism Management
Prerequisite: 3-year program (Associate's Degree, Bachelor, Masters in any discipline).
Language of instruction: English
Duration of program: 2 years.
Graduates who have completed a 3-year degree, regardless of the discipline, may apply for the Master of Business Administration specializing in Hotel and Tourism Management (MBA Professional).
This intensive and demanding higher education program taught through English provides students with a wide choice of far-reaching career prospects. Over the two-year period, students acquire the necessary knowledge and expertise to equip them for management roles in the hospitality and tourism sector. The managerial skills acquired are also relevant to any other industry necessitating staff supervision, team coaching, accounting skills, etc.
AIM's MBA graduates are equipped with a solid and well-recognized degree, a good command of English and industry experience acquired through internships in management roles in France and abroad. As a result, they are in the best possible position to secure employment in the months following graduation with employers guaranteed that they are recruiting a high-quality candidate who is ready for immediately operational.
AIM offers high-quality professional training programs taught in English aimed at preparing students for management roles in leading international hotels and supervisory positions in tourism-related sectors. AIM’s MBA graduates are particularly sought after by recruiters thanks to the high-quality teaching programs enhanced by industry internships in management, making them immediately operational and in line with labor market needs upon graduation from the school.
Organization of MBA studies over 2 years
Presentation of the MBA Professional
The MBA Professional, a continuation of our Master of Science (MS) program run since 1992, offers professional training programs in luxury restaurant management1 and international hospitality management2.
- Thanks to AIM’s partnership with the Alain Ducasse Education training program, students can benefit from the courses that are regularly offered by the center.
- See AHLA Professional Certifications.
MBA Professional students have already completed higher education studies, either in hospitality (the MBA develops their knowledge in this area) or else in the Sciences, Arts, Business Administration or Humanities (the MBA is chosen by candidates seeking a career change).
Successful candidates should have professional experience, a good command of foreign languages and a broad general knowledge.
The Application deadline
NB: Admissions and registrations are carried out subject to the number of places that remain available (limited to 30 students per class).
If your interest in our Academy is definite, we recommend that you do not delay sending your application. Since the number of applications increases every year, registration may close earlier too.
Terms of application and registration
Please send us your application with the following documents:
- The completed application form.
- A photocopy of your:
- national identity card (both sides),
- or passport.
- A cover letter (in French or English) explaining your choice of the tourism and hospitality sector, the reasons for your application to AIM and the program that you have selected.
- Photocopies of your last three academic reports and the qualifications or diplomas that you have obtained.
- A recent TOEFL certificate (less than one year), or proof of a sufficient level of English (certificate of English studies, certification of courses taken in English, etc).
What we expect from prospective students:
- A good understanding of English.
- A capacity for intensive continuous training.
- Real motivation to go past the "comfort zone".
- Impeccable appearance.
Admission procedures and stages
- After receipt and study of applications, candidates will be informed whether or not they have been accepted for the next stage.
- If they are, then applicants who reside in France will be sent a date for a test and an interview.
- English test (MCQ) and interview.
- Letters to students announcing their results.
Welcome and present day, a tour of the University campus (CIUP): Friday preceding the start of the academic year.
Start of courses: first Monday of October.
Close cooperation between AIM and the most prestigious establishments in the world ensures our students are effectively prepared for professional life.
AIM students, after their graduation, rapidly assume management positions in large international hotels and in other hospitality companies.
Each year, following a semester of intensive courses, students embark on a 4 to 8-month industry internship, allowing them to put into practice the skills they have acquired through their studies.
The close collaboration AIM has with international hotel chains and the world’s leading establishments effectively prepares students for the labor market thanks to operational or management internships.
Visiting hotels and palaces, hosting their representatives on campus with presentations and interviews with students also contribute to the realization of their future professional projects.
We regularly receive representatives of the palaces: Dorchester Group (Plaza Athénée, Meurice), Four Seasons (Georges V, Grand Hotel Cap-Ferrat), Peninsula, Royal-Monceau, Bristol, and major hotel chains: Intercontinental, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Accorhotels, with days dedicated to the presentation and thereafter, interviews with students, whether for their management training or internships for their future jobs.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 12, 2017