This course allows each student to further their skills in the following fields: production direction, storyboard, directing, concept art, layout, modelling, rigging, animation, matte painting, lighting, rendering, VFX and compositing.
Students develop their skills in directing, use of software, combining 2-D and 3-D techniques for complex projects and optimizing production calendar management. This approach leads to an in-depth knowledge of the entire production pipeline for 3-D animated films. Furthermore, it allows students from a 2-D background to learn 3-D tools, and for those with a real-time background to gain experience in staging and in precalculated 3-D.
The course in Production Management and Digital Animation Techniques takes place over one year following a BAC+3 year qualification at LISAA in 2-D Animation, 3-D Animation, VFX, 2-D Video Games or 3-D Video Games. It is also open to graduates from other digital animation schools.
Advantages of the Course
- Real projects led by professionals in order to learn to respond to industry requirements in the most suitable way
- Teaching staff made up of industry professionals who are aware of technological changes in a constantly-evolving field
- Permanent industry links via judging panels and partnerships with studios, which aid students’ transition into the workplace
- Team projects in order to simulate studio work and to help students to decide on their area of specialisation
- High-standard equipment to work in the same conditions as professionals: motion caption studio, colour grading studio, post-synchronization studio.
- Background designer
- Character Designer / Artist
- Compositing artist
- Concept artist
- 2-D/3-D Layout Artist
- Lighting / Rendering artist
- Matte painter
- Modeler / Mapper
- Compositing operator/editor
- Film director
- Texturing artist
- VFX artist
Entry Requirements & Application
To be eligible for this course, students must fulfil the following criteria: hold a qualification from LISAA or other digital animation school in VFX, 2-D Animation, 3-D Animation, 2-D Video Games or 3-D Video Games (BAC + 3 Years of further study); have strong skills in drawing, visual design, modelling, set up, animation, rendering; have a good level of English; have already undertaken a work placement in a company in the animation industry.
French and EU residents8 890€ / year
About the School
Established in 1986, LISAA is today one of the biggest design schools in France. The school provides students with the possibility to express their design talents in the fields of fashion, interior ar ... Read More