This course allows each student to further their skills in the following fields: production direction, storyboard, directing, concept art, layout, modelling, rigging, animation, matte painting, lighting, rendering, VFX and compositing.
Students develop their skills in directing, use of software, combining 2-D and 3-D techniques for complex projects and optimizing production calendar management. This approach leads to an in-depth knowledge of the entire production pipeline for 3-D animated films. Furthermore, it allows students from a 2-D background to learn 3-D tools, and for those with a real-time background to gain experience in staging and in precalculated 3-D.
The course in Production Management and Digital Animation Techniques takes place over one year following a BAC+3 year qualification at LISAA in 2-D Animation, 3-D Animation, VFX, 2-D Video Games or 3-D Video Games. It is also open to graduates from other digital animation schools.
Advantages of the Course
- Real projects led by professionals in order to learn to respond to industry requirements in the most suitable way
- Teaching staff made up of industry professionals who are aware of technological changes in a constantly-evolving field
- Permanent industry links via judging panels and partnerships with studios, which aid students’ transition into the workplace
- Team projects in order to simulate studio work and to help students to decide on their area of specialisation
- High-standard equipment to work in the same conditions as professionals: motion caption studio, colour grading studio, post-synchronization studio.
- Background designer
- Character Designer / Artist
- Compositing artist
- Concept artist
- 2-D/3-D Layout Artist
- Lighting / Rendering artist
- Matte painter
- Modeler / Mapper
- Compositing operator/editor
- Film director
- Texturing artist
- VFX artist
Entry Requirements & Application
To be eligible for this course, students must fulfil the following criteria: hold a qualification from LISAA or other digital animation school in VFX, 2-D Animation, 3-D Animation, 2-D Video Games or 3-D Video Games (BAC + 3 Years of further study); have strong skills in drawing, visual design, modelling, set up, animation, rendering; have a good level of English; have already undertaken a work placement in a company in the animation industry.
French and EU residents8 890€ / year