The master's programme in Production Engineering and Management is designed to provide product knowledge and skills with a holistic perspective.
After graduating from the programme students will have:
- Basic understanding of various dimensions and functions of the broad field of production.
- Analytical skills needed to tackle the ever-changing problems and situations of modern competitive production.
- Conceptual and reasoning skills with appropriate decision support methods and tools used in production management.
- Communication and presentation skills necessary for leadership positions.
- Understanding of how environmental and cultural differences effect the production process.
- Understanding of the need and requirements for sustainable and energy efficient production processes.
Production Engineering and Management at KTH
This programme will provide a strong foundation on which a professional engineering career can be built, as both engineering and management aspects of production and their integration are covered. The engineering side includes operation and integration of manufacturing equipment, automation technology, production development tools and methods and software used by engineers. The managerial side covers systematic decision-making, operations strategy, planning, control and management of resources during development and operations of manufacturing systems.
The programme has four specialisations: Production Development, Production Management, Industrial IT Systems, and Industrial Joining. There is a set of mandatory courses for all students of the programme, and courses pertaining to each specialisation. Moreover, students have the possibility to combine further elective courses on an individual basis. Topics for the master's degree project is selected within the four focus areas. The project can be carried out in cooperation with the department’s research groups, with companies or with other universities, in Sweden or abroad.
As production is global, graduates from our programme will be able to find positions as technical specialists, product developers, production engineers, production managers or consultants in various production fields, all over the world.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018