Master of Product Design
Through lessons and workshops, students will be lead from the beginning concept to the prototype, developing design models in different digital representations, analyzing the use of Nurbs and Mesh modelling software. While working, they will deal with methods and techniques of Rapid Prototyping. The final workshop, through the realization of different design themes, will allow setting the design process of the Industrial design, of the Independent design, and of the Interactive design.
The main fields that the contents of the different modules belong to are:
- Representation / Modeling / Rapid prototyping;
- Technologies of Materials for Design;
Who it is aimed at
The Master is aimed to graduates and near-graduates of first and second level in every discipline, to professionals or lovers of the branch with design knowledge and basic abilities in the CAD modelling interested in the management at 360° of the Product Design. An elementary knowledge of the English language is required.
The target of the masters is to make students be familiar with the design practice described in the introduction, through frontal lessons and work steps tied to the development of more design themes.
After passing the final exam, QDU Master certificate is issued. Master sponsored by the Consiglio Nazionale degli Architetti Pianificatori Paesaggisti e Conservatori, releases 15 professional credits.
- Bic Lazio / Fab Lab
- Fondazione Mondo Digitale
- SLAMP illuminazione
- ST srl (Smart design)
- COVO accessory e complementi
- INCIPIT oggettistica
- WAYPOINT illuminazione
- Uno Più
- CERAMICHE FLAMINIA
- Product design: analysis of the art state, recent history and emerging potentialities
- Marketing, self-management, phenomenology of design, critique and semiotic of the object
- Self-management and communicative strategies of product design, organization and contextualization of the work
- Digital language of representation of models
- Nurbs representation
- Mesh representation
- Visual scripting
- Rapid prototyping techniques
- Rp techniques for 2D plotters
- Rp techniques for 3D printing and milling
- Technologies of materials for design
- Interactive design workshop
- Concept development workshop and design exercises
- Curricular stage
The course "Product Design" will be held in Rome at Quasar Design University.
Via Crescenzio 17 A Roma(RM) - 00193
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2018