With the Master in Product Design and Development you will enhance the conceptualization phase of projects in the field of industrial design to carry out and develop product designs and real projects with companies.
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering","author_url":"","source":"©ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering"}" />
- Qualification: Master in Product Design and Development, own title issued by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF)
- Direction: Josep Puig and Xavier Riudor
- ECTS credits: 60
- Duration: October 2020 to July 2021, February 2021 to February 2022, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 17: 00-21: 15.
- Price: € 10,000 (+ € 450 pre-registration)
- Language: Spanish
- Access and admission requirements: Official university degree or equivalent to Industrial Design Engineering or Design.
How will the new products that we will need be? In the Master in Product Design and Development you will learn the tools and skills necessary to model, represent and simulate the behavior of a product, selecting the most suitable material and manufacturing process.
The route of the training offer of the Master in Product Design and Development ranges from the initial concept to the development of the final product , going through the different phases of the design and engineering process.
The Master in Product Design and Development is aimed at specializing and updating professionals and postgraduates from different sectors, especially professionals in the field of design and product development engineering. Most of the professionals who collaborate in teaching the master come from these areas.
One of the key points of the Master's success is the relationship with the companies that collaborate with the course, since they give continuous support and advice to the group of students, in order to develop the briefing of the proposed project. Visits to technology centers and companies allow a very direct contact with the current professional reality.
Some of the companies with which we collaborate (with our own design and production team) are: Play, Hewlett Packard, Cosmic, Roca Sanitario, Santa & Cole, Simon, Figueras, Valira, Lamp Lighting, Educa Borras, Laken, El Naturalista, Teck- Rock, Zobele Group, Esportiva Aksa, Pando, IMC Toys, Taurus, Solac, Crevin, Signes, FujiFilm, Cata and Madel.
Information session video
- Promote the initial phase of the design process through: The application of creativity techniques; User Centered Design Resources; Experimental Design Methods
- Know the current situation of product design, through the designers participating in the course from the most relevant agencies and studies in the sector.
- Experience the knowledge acquired by carrying out real projects with companies. These companies are producers and have their decision-making center in Spain. We collaborate with representative firms from various sectors of the industrial product.
- Provide solid knowledge about the latest technologies in the industry and the different materials offered by the market, in order to develop the product in the simplest, most efficient and economic way possible.
- Know the technological feasibility and production costs of a project to be able to make the best decisions during its development.
- Study and assess the concrete decisions that are made in a product development project by exposing and discussing real projects carried out by companies.
- Learn to use different CAD (Computer Aided Design) / CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) tools that allow you to represent, visualize and simulate the behavior of a product to guarantee the viability and correct operation of the final product.
- Ability to identify opportunities and define design concepts.
- Ability to argue and represent concepts and to express and defend design proposals and technical decisions made.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams to manage new products.
- Ability to carry out new product projects, from the conceptual phase to technical development.
- Ability to assess the functional, aesthetic, cultural, technological, economic and communication implications of the new product to be developed.
- Ability to apply creative reference techniques, as well as the most effective expression and management resources.
- Ability to apply the acquired knowledge of materials selection, transformation processes and structural and kinematic simulation, to the redesign or optimization project of a product.
- Ability to use prototypes as a validation tool for business projects carried out.
- Ability to apply CAD / CAM / CAE tools, to generate any 3D geometry, quality rendered images and videos of assembly and operation of the product.
About the School
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering is a university center founded in 1961 and it is the oldest school of design in Spain. ELISAVA is among the 100 best schools of design and architectu ... Read More