THIS PROGRAM IS TAUGHT IN SPANISH
In the Master of Product Design Labs, students will learn how to research, develop and deliver a product to high technical and quality standards, using a methodology based on the project, to understand fully and in great detail the development of processes and industrial constraints.
By providing access to industry tools, innovative materials, and manufacturing processes, we create the ideal working environment for students, so that they can anticipate the needs of the market, looking for alternatives to the usual methods of solving problems, encouraging critical thinking and social awareness.
Career opportunities: Senior designer. Design manager. Project manager. Product manager. Design consultant. Freelance designer.
What is the Master of Product Design Labs?
We are living at a time that echoes the early stages of industrial design when designers’ work was not limited to \"aesthetics\", and when they instead played a key role in innovation, technology development, the development of product strategy and the creation of new businesses.
The Master of Product Design Labs focuses on carrying out ideas through the tools offered by the industry, innovation in the field of materials and manufacturing processes, in order to creatively anticipate market demands.
The Master of Product Design Labs creates favorable conditions in which to achieve, over a year of learning and experience, the following objectives:
- Leading multidisciplinary teams during the production process.
- Establishing personal contacts with various professionals.
- Managing the logistics of a project.
- Conceptualizing, developing and communicating innovative ideas.
- Incorporating innovation, both conceptual and technological
The contents covered in the course are organized into modules:
Foundation (critical historical analysis, methodology, sustainability, visual communication, etc.)
Specific (socio-economic and needs analysis of users, anthropology, materials, production systems and processes, product launch processes, new technologies, projects)
Transverse (design culture, applied creativity, team building, design research, design thinking, job placement etc.)
- Thesis/research project (concept, idea, development, production, prototyping, display, etc.)
Why study the Master of Product Design Labs?
Because we learn by doing: only then is it possible to really learn.
Because we foster research and delve into the boundary between design, strategy, and communication.
Because the multicultural environment among students and professionals from different places enriches their personal experience.
Because we offer the chance to network with companies and professionals of national and international renown.
Because the programme is based on an innovative and transverse learning methodology.
Because travel and visits enrich the knowledge areas.
Because the cultural activity of the course is intense and helps to complement the experience.
- Because it takes place in Madrid, a European capital that is home to major institutions and companies, with intense cultural activity and highly accessible and multicultural.
How do students learn in the Master of Product Design Labs?
Project culture is the basis of the work dynamic and students learn by conceptualizing, developing, producing and communicating.
The course is methodologically developed on the basis of:
Activities and workshops during international trips to institutions, firms, and companies. Previous editions have included visits to such diverse destinations as San Francisco, Silicon Valley, China, Milan, London, Denmark, Portugal, Barcelona, and Paris-Boisbuchet.
Seminars and lectures
Activities and cultural events
Tutorials for the development of specific projects
- Thesis research carried out throughout the master's program
At whom is the Master of Product Design Labs aimed?
Designers in any area, architects, and engineers with academic and professional experience who want to specialize and materialize an idea with a specific product or project. It is recommended that participants arrive at the master with a project in mind, as it will provide the perfect time and place to carry it out. This programme has been devised with a multidisciplinary and international approach, set in the border between design and production.
Objectives of the Master of Product Design Labs
The Master of Product Design Labs focuses on the materialization of ideas through available tools, creative innovation in materials and manufacturing processes and anticipating market demands. It trains designers with motivation and entrepreneurial initiative, able to work in the real world.
- Develop creative and innovative skills
- Activate critical and analytical thinking in social and business reality
- Predict and interpret trends and future scenarios
- Conceptualize, develop and communicate innovative ideas
- Research, built, prototype and implement projects
- Integrate business, sustainability and innovation
- Strengthen students’ identities as professionals who are able to work anywhere in the world
- Conceptualize, develop and generate ideas
- Add conceptual and technological innovation to products and processes
- Design products, systems and spaces in an international context
- Manage the logistics of a project
- Develop projects in multidisciplinary teams
Program taught in: