Master in Product Design Engineering
This Master program aims to:
- To provide an integrated set of dynamic skills, strongly based on a technical and scientific knowledge, which is crucial for rapidly and innovatively developing quality products with a high success and added-value.
- To provide a multidisciplinary and versatile training, allowing professionals to perform strategic/supervision tasks in industrial companies or the services industry, as well as in public or private agents.
- Holders of a bachelor’s degree or legal equivalent in engineering and related areas, industrial design or product design;
- Holders of a foreign academic bachelor’s degree following the 1st cycle of studies organized according to the principles of the Bologna process in engineering and related areas, industrial design or product design;
- Holders of a foreign bachelor’s degree that is recognized as meeting the objectives of a degree by the Scientific-Technical Council of ESTG in engineering and related areas, industrial design or product design;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum which is recognized as attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the Scientific-Technical Council of ESTG.
This Master degree program builds on the technical and scientific knowledge of a first degree in engineering or design with specific subjects on product development, such as product design, modeling and simulation, high performance materials, mechanical behavior analysis, advanced and recent production technologies and rapid production and prototyping, which are complemented by other matters to enhance the scope of student knowledge and competence beyond the strict area of mechanical engineering, such as robotics and automation, sustainable design, energy efficiency and environmental issues or new products marketing. In addition to the lectures in the first two semesters, the training model for this program is built around an integrated project of product design and development as a way to relate and put together the matters lectured in the different subjects. The second year is completely dedicated to the development of a dissertation, project or internship.
Why choose this program?
The specialized training on these domains is clearly a fundamental toolbox for someone who wishes to promote technological development and to create added value for any industrial company and to its product portfolio. The degree aims to empower engineers and designers with the capacity to work in the area of product development with greater levels of confidence, innovation, and know-how, to allow them to contribute to the creation and management of new products with higher levels of quality, success and added value.
APPLICATION FEE: 60€
ENROLMENT FEE: 500€ for International Student Contingent
TUITION FEE: I. General Contingent: 1.040€ /per year II. International Student Contingent: 3.000€/per year
Program taught in: