The master's degree program Processing and Characterization of Multifunctional Materials offers master students the opportunity to improve knowledge in a versatile field, multifunctional materials with applications in the top fields of industry. The need for new materials with properties designed to serve a well-defined purpose is constantly growing. The completion of this program aims to accumulate skills in the field of research, development, expertise, and testing of multifunctional materials.
Didactic and scientific research activities carried out in the master program, Processing and Characterization of Multifunctional Materials, have the following objectives:
- Improving the specialist’s skills in Materials Engineering.
- Training master students in research activities.
- Integrate quickly and perform efficiently in the information society, to propose and implement projects aimed at sustainable development.
- Promoting efficient technologies for obtaining quality materials, which will contribute to reducing the impact on the environment.
The master's degree program Processing and Characterization of Multifunctional Materials, which contains four semesters, with 120 ECTS, is a direction to improve the knowledge of graduates of Bachelor's degree in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and related fields.
Graduates of the master's program Processing and Characterization of Multifunctional Materials will be able to carry out scientific research activities, as well as productive activities in industries that require material processing.
Each semester is provided with 30 study credits transferable to the European ECTS system.
The dissertation exam is credited with a number of 10 credits.
The tuition fee is 3500 lei for EU citizens and EUR 2800 for non-EU citizens.
The program provides interdisciplinary knowledge from the following thematic areas:
- Obtaining and characterization of multifunctional materials;
- Monitoring the parameters of processing installations;
- Developing skills to use programs for materials characterization and control of processing equipment;
- Development of new materials, in correlation with the reduction of energy consumption and pollutant emissions.
The content areas approached will be the basis for the training-development of skills:
- Solving complex tasks specific to materials engineering by using advanced knowledge in the engineering sciences.
- Mathematical and experimental modeling and optimization of technological processes.
- Using advanced integrated software for the design of materials.
- Project management and marketing strategies and data processing specific to the design and characterization of advanced materials.
- Design, quality assurance achievement, and promotion of sustainable development in advanced materials.
- Achievement of complex professional tasks in conditions of autonomy and professional independence.
- Assuming the roles/functions of business management of professional groups or institutions.
- Self-learning, diagnosis of training needs reflective analysis of their professional activities.
The scientific research activity, at the level of master and doctoral studies, from the university is supported within the I.C.S.T.M. - U.V.T.
The infrastructure of the institute is presented on the ERRIS platform and can be accessed at: https://erris.gov.ro/Valahia-University-of-Targoviste.
Students of the master's degree in Processing and Characterization of Multifunctional Materials can be initiated in the research activity within the two centers of the Faculty of Materials Engineering and Mechanics, which is an integral part of the Institute of Multidisciplinary Scientific and Technological Research: Academic School of Materials Science and Nanomaterials for mechanical engineering.
About the School
The beginnings of higher education in Târgovişte date back to the Romanian Middle Ages, when, between 1672 and 1678, the city hosted the first Law School of Wallachia. Higher education resumed its mis ... Read More