Master in Process Engineering
The Master’s Degree in Process Engineering - MIP (from the Spanish Maestría en Ingeniería de Procesos) is an on-campus “deepening master’s degree” offered in Colombia along with the possibility of being granted a double master’s degree: International Master of Business Administration - MBA, granted by the Institut Supérieur de Gestion - ISG (Paris, France).
This master’s degree is designed to academically train managers, consultants, and process managers under an entrepreneurial vision for them to increase business competitiveness through resource management and process management, and increase the productivity of manufacturing activities and services. In this regard, companies will be able to respond to the domestic market growing needs and to global standards addressed to internationalization.
At aiming this, the MIP provides students with study units meeting needs of both modern production and service sectors, and with an academic staff and researchers having studied abroad and having a broad knowledge of the discipline. Research works required for majoring from the academic program will be focused on contributing to the creation of value in the regions and the country, thus providing knowledge on matters related to discrete processes, production, control, productivity, and competitiveness.
- Lead activities as a process manager by means of identifying entrepreneurial skills aimed at increasing productivity in the production and service sectors.
- Identify, formulate, and comprehensively assess concepts related to management and productivity in accordance with needs of the business environment.
- Significantly contribute to competitiveness and sustainability of production and service sectors in the global context.
- Generate significant contributions to competitiveness and sustainability of production and service sectors in the global context.
- Master continuous improvement and production management models in order to generate positive changes in Colombian organizations.
- Develop and implement process management models based on specific conditions of organizations.
- Develop sustainable business opportunities, and lead projects aimed at generating economic and social value.
The Master’s Degree in Process Engineering offers training based on competencies by applying the Educational Model of Universidad EAN. At aiming this, active learning methodologies will be applied in each study unit through on-campus sessions complementing individual work of autonomous learning and preparation.
Workshops, case studies, and applying exercises are developed throughout the academic program, thus integrating learning and practice inside companies or other organizations.
The Master’s Degree in Process Engineering from Universidad EAN is an on-campus academic program comprising a close accompaniment through a virtual platform.
Throughout the study units, students will have the accompaniment of professors from Universidad EAN and/or from the Institut Supérieur de Gestion - ISG.
Study Units complement the autonomous learning process of students and are divided into academic work taking place during weekdays and after working hours. This modality allows students to harmonize their academic, personal and professional commitments.
About the School
EAN University is a Colombian high education institution located in Bogotá’s Metropolitan area. At EAN, students experience diverse activities for their professional development.