The follow-up Master's degree programme is intended for the graduates of Teaching at kindergartens (Bachelor) and Preschool Special Needs Education Teaching – Nursery School Teacher Training (Bachelor). The study specialisation is drafted for pre-primary teachers qualified preparation with emphasis on pre-school curriculum development with respect to the specific conditions of the pre-primary institution taking into consideration the specialities and needs of pre-primary children in the pedagogic-psychological context and with emphasis on pedagogical diagnostics and special-pedagogical with applying the inclusive education principles and preprimary institution management in accord with the current trends in the pre-education field.
The graduate is trained to:
- do the profession of a teacher at ordinary kindergartens and in kindergartens for children with special education needs. All this with emphasis on the process of managing and methodology in the concept of current pre-primary curriculum,
- to draft school curriculum in accord with the conditions and need of an individual preprimary institution,
- to cooperate on creating the conditions for the development of own kindergarten education path,
- to work in accord with the current trends in education;
In accord with pre-primary curriculum, the graduate is ready:
- to create, manage and implement the process of education activities and conditions progress evaluation implemented within a pre-primary education institution,
- to implement acquired knowledge as a part of a feedback not only considering himself (self-reflection) but also considering the other kinder garden teachers,
- to manage the pedagogical process implemented within the whole kinder garden on purpose,
- to process and evaluate the necessary data for kindergarten management and development;
- acquired expertise necessary for providing the advisory service for parents,
- is able to mediate the current enlightenment activities in the area of pre-primary education;
In cooperation with specialists, the graduate is able:
- to eruditely mediate the special services for both children and parents,
- on the basis of his expertise to create the corresponding conditions for education and development of children with special educational needs. All this in accord with the requirements of special and integrated pre-primary children education.
The graduate disposes of knowledge and skills necessary for:
- managing, guiding and support for professional growth and school working team professionalization.
The jobs and institutions characteristics where the graduate may use acquired education:
- an ordinary kindergarten, children clubs,
- a kindergarten for children with special educational needs.
The applicant must prove his/her fitness for study in a motivation letter (in English) and a profile essay 15 000 – 20 000 symbols long, focused on the area of the study programme. Language competence:
- The standard English language requirement is at a level B2 in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Minimum language requirements in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Internet-based Test (IbT): 61, Computer-based Test (CbT): 173, Paper-based Test (PbT): 500 or an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall band score of at least 6.0.
The applicants are required to send:
- application (online application form);
- proof of recognition of their previous education (i.e. foreign certificate as equivalent to a certificate of education issued in the Czech Republic);
- motivation letter;
- profile essay;
- certificate of language competence
to the address firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2018. Admission exams The entrance examination of the candidates a test, which demonstrates its assumptions for the study of:
- Pre-school education (at the level of completed Bc. Study)
- Special education (at the level of completed Bc. Study)
- Psychology (at the level of completed Bc. Study).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 28, 2018