Master's Degree in Power and Electrical Engineering
Course - Electric Power Supply
Currently, electric power and electrical engineering are rapidly developing areas of science and technology, with a focus on studies of electricity production methods, transmission, transformation and distribution and power and energy flow management, as well as the development of components, devices, and systems, which implement these methods. This area of science is important for the industry and society in general. Therefore, it is necessary to provide the training of highly qualified personnel in this field.
Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University offers a master's degree for students interested in Power and Electrical Engineering.
This education program is aimed at:
- providing the graduates with the knowledge in the professional area;
- providing the graduates with the ability to carry out research independently in order to solve research and production tasks using modern equipment and methods for studying the materials and finished products properties, in carrying out the research in the field of electricity and electrical engineering;
- providing the graduates with the ability to analyze and systematize knowledge;
- providing the students with teaching skills;
- providing the graduates with the ability to make practical decisions based on the understanding of academic content and processes, as well as practical experience;
- providing the graduates with the ability to work under conditions, requiring personal responsibility and initiative, in sophisticated and often unpredictable situations.
As a graduate of Master's Degree Program in Power and Electrical Engineering, you will be prepared to demonstrate the ability in:
- industry and engineering;
- organization and management;
- research activity;
- installation and debugging;
- service and operation;
Education Program Structure:
The course lasts two years (4 terms).
- eight core subjects in the first semester, four of which are compulsory and one is elective subject with a specific focus on general academic cycle; two required subjects and one elective subject with a specific focus on professional cycle;
- five subjects in the second semester, one of them is compulsory with a specific focus on general scientific cycle; three are mandatory subjects and one is elective with a specific focus on professional cycle;
- three core subjects with a specific focus on professional cycle in the third semester and teaching activity;
- the fourth semester includes industrial work experience, passing the graduate examination, preparing a graduate thesis.
During the education students are engaged in research activity resulted in the graduate thesis.
Applicants to a Master's Degree in Power and Electrical Engineering program should hold a Bachelor's degree in a related subject, professional experience in the field of electricity and electronics.
21 years of age.
Last updated January 25, 2018