Unlike any other programs, the course offers insights into polar and marine ecosystems and climate change. During their practice modules, the students stand a chance to engage with expeditions on board of the leading German and Russian research vessels. Upon completion the students receive a double degree: Master degree of St. Petersburg University and Master of Sciences of the University of Hamburg. “Polar and marine research” is an only educational program in natural sciences at SPbU, accredited by ASIIN e.V.
The students are equipped with the best of a diverse range of opportunities for polar and marine research, locally, nationally and globally. They can pursue academic research in the top Russian and world’s research organizations in climate studies, oceanology, hydrology, biology, geology, paleography, geomorphology and polar geography.
- Module 1. Ocean basins, bottom sediments and climate change
- Module 2. Oceanography of the oceans and coastal waters
- Module 3. Polar and marine ecosystems: Structure, functioning and vulnerability
- Module 4. Natural resources
- Module 5. Processes in coastal zones and environment management
- Module 6. Periglacial environment
Credits: 120 ECTS
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017