The Master offers an integral course in Romanian during the four academic semesters. There is also the possibility of opting for a semester in French as well as the European course within the Master of Equalities (http://egales.univ-lyon2.fr/) at the end of which a double diploma can be obtained from the University of Bucharest and from Lumière Lyon 2 University.
The courses offered within the program are taught in Romanian and optionally in French (one semester).
Les cours proposes dans le program de sont dispensés en roumain en alternament en français (un semestre).
Equal opportunities are a fundamental political value of the European Union, as stated in all the basic legal documents of this community. Several instruments are used to transpose this legal and political principle across all Member States: directives, roadmaps or priority strategies. Equal opportunities are therefore an essential vector for the development and implementation of public policies at both European and national level.
However, with regard to the priority areas - the reduction of discrimination and poverty, equality on the labor market, the political representation of women - the statistics show that there are significant gaps between the established political objectives and the social reality. One of the causes of this state of affairs is undoubtedly the lack of well-informed staff.
The Master of Equal Opportunities Policy in the Romanian and European context aims to respond to this need by training professionals with the intellectual tools needed to understand a complex social and political issue and thus can participate in the analysis, implementation or evaluation of appropriate public policies.
Especially in the Romanian context, our program, through the quality of its courses and through the multiplication of partnerships with public or private actors in the field, aims at an even brighter objective: to contribute to the formation of new professional competencies to boost equal opportunities policies, to broaden the impact of these policies in sectors still less exposed to this issue.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
The Master of Equal Opportunities Policies in Romanian and European Context aims to prepare students for:
- to provide expertise in analyzing national policy priorities in the field of equal opportunities and their correlation with European policies;
- to provide scientific expertise on the concepts and principles promoted in the development of European public policy in the field of equal opportunities;
- to acquire the necessary professional skills to run for the European Institutions' posts;
- to benefit from the necessary intellectual training for the continuation of scientific research in the field of equal opportunities;
- to acquire professional skills in project management on equal opportunities.
PROFESSIONAL INSERT OF STUDENTS
The graduates of the Master The Equal Opportunities Policies in Romanian and European context can take up a post within the following institutions:
- Public institutions in Romania responsible for analyzing, developing and implementing policies in the field of equal opportunities (Ministry of Labor, Family, Social Protection and the Elderly, Parliamentary Committees for Equal Opportunities for Women and Men, National Agency for Equal Opportunities for Women and Men National Council for Combating Discrimination, etc.)
- European public institutions charged with analyzing, developing and implementing gender equality policies (the European Commission, the European Women's Rights and Gender Equality Committee, the European Network for the Promotion of Women in Governance, the European Institute for Women's Rights and Equal Opportunities) equal opportunities for women and men, etc.)
- National Non-Governmental Organizations Promoting Equal Opportunities (Equal Opportunities Center, Equal Opportunities for Women Foundation, Community Mediation and Security Center, Komunitas Association, ACCEPT Association, Amnesty International Center for Democratic Development, Association for Freedom and gender equality, CENTRAS, etc.)
- International Non-Governmental Organizations Promoting Equal Opportunities (European Women's Lobby, European Solidarity for Equal Participation of People (EUROSTEP), European Anti-Poverty Network, International Volunteerism Organization for Women; Roma Information Office, etc.)
- Introducing an area that does not yet benefit from a specialization program: Equal Opportunities Policies. Approached in a dynamic and transversal perspective, these policies are studied by pursuing three axes: democratic equality and the issue of ethnic discrimination; equality and social exclusion; equality between women and men.
- The professional orientation embodied in:
- The importance of partnerships with many social actors and policies active in this field;
- Two practical, extended guest lectures, through teacher-coordinated internships (each with 42 hours and 12 ECTS)
- Module in French (plus the possibility of taking French language courses), which facilitates student mobility in European universities partnering with the Faculty of Political Science; the possibility to practice internships and even professional insertion in European public and private institutions.
- The European dimension is manifested both at the intellectual level and at the level of partnerships and collaborations.
- Affiliation to the European Master Egalis. FSPUB is one of the members of the European Masters of Mathematics and Computer Science (EALS) program, funded by the Erasmus Lifelong Learning Program (EAC / 31/08).
- This European Master program brings together several universities: Université Lumière Lyon 2 (France), project coordinator; Åbo Akademi University (Finland); Université Autonome de Barcelone (Spain); Université de Bohême du Sud, Czech Republic); Université de Toulouse II - Le Mirail (France); Université de York (United Kingdom).
Master of Orientation Professionnelle d'une durée de deux ans. Cours du deuxième semesters from the premiere of the French language, the communication languages of the French and English. The sixth semesters are devoted to a minimum level of professional training, which is the result of national partner institutions (nationales ou internationales).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 24, 2018