- To reach high-level competence that allows graduate students to work in the tourism and hospitality industries and services, as well as in the promotion and development of innovative tourism products and of cultural events
- To give graduate students the ability to analyse tourism in terms of multiscale territorial processes and in the context of contemporary mobility, in the framework of national and European legislation
- To offer the ability to define the anthropologic-geographical features and cultural venues of touristic sites, in order to promote sustainability through the principles of participation and social empowerment
- To understand the methodology of research for planning regional and touristic development and value major theoretical concepts relevant to business
- To offer skills, as well as digital and cartographic tools, for planning and coordination of cultural and environmental tourism projects within the public administration
- To teach the basic skills for the development, management and promotion of cultural products relevant to travel and tourism representations (narratives, blogs, film, video-clips, brochures, TV scripts, websites).
- High-level positions of responsibility requiring the ability to work in centralized and decentralized government institutions, in the fields of tourism, culture, cultural heritage and the environment as well as in the development of local cultural products
- Managerial activities concerning the valorization of the cultural heritage and environment
- Planner of cultural and leisure events, both on a large and a small scale
- Planning of tourist services, with focus on sustainable and responsible tourism and to the dynamics of contemporary mobility
- Cultural analyst and mediator, project writer and evaluator
- Trainer of operators in the tourism field
- Researcher in the tourism field.
We list herewith the courses that will be launched during the Academic Year 2015/2016. For each course we indicate and if necessary we explain the following features:
- Disciplinary Scientific Sector (according to the Italian classification)
- Denomination of the course
- Main objectives of the course
- Evaluation criteria
Enrolments are accepted with a maximum debt of 40 cfu/ECTS credits. The Italian version of the site shows a Simulazione (template) for each Specialist Degree course activated.
Individual Interview. A good knowledge of the English language is required for both Italian and foreign students (B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
RECOGNITION OF CERTIFICATION
Students holding an Italian Bachelor Degree (first level) with credits in foreign languages, arts and socio-economic- territorial disciplines have requests for the application to the Master Course.
Students holding a foreign Bachelor Degree (first level) can apply to the Master Course after recognition of their certifications according to the Italian Ministry criteria. If necessary, certifications will be evaluated during individual interviews.
During the second year, students are required to attend Internship activities- either in Italy or abroad- linked to their studies and their final exam. These are in compliance with agreements between the University and host organizations and are closely monitored by tutors and academic teaching staff.
The Department offers a tutoring service aimed at assisting newly-enrolled students, helping and advising them as regards their studies and in the compilation of their study plan.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 27, 2018