In the NAWI Graz master's degree programme Physics, you will build upon knowledge obtained during the bachelor's degree programme and deepen your understanding of an area of expertise in the field of physics as well as familiarise yourself with the latest physical research, especially basic research. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of physics. You will become highly qualified to perform various tasks both in Austria and abroad by completing this research- and application-based programme in an international environment.
- You deepen and broaden your physical and mathematical knowledge.
- You familiarise yourself with current physical research.
- You specialise in an area of expertise in the field of physics.
- You learn to solve complex problems independently using physical and mathematical methods.
- You learn to think analytically.
- You use experimental, theoretical and computer-based physical methods to solve problems.
- You improve your specialist English vocabulary.
You can choose one of the following areas of specialisation:
- Atmospheric Physics and Climate
- Experimental Physics
- Space Physics and Aeronomy
- Theoretical and Computational Physics
It is possible to individually combine modules from the areas of specialisation with guidance from a mentor.
Physicists are highly-qualified specialists who work in scientific, economic and industrial fields.
Graduates of the programme are highly qualified to work in a variety of interdisciplinary occupational fields both in Austria and abroad:
- They work in public and private research and educational institutions in physical and technical fields.
- They are involved in major international research collaborations.
- They work in modelling and simulation in scientific, technical and economic areas.
- They develop algorithms that are applied in different disciplines.
- They work in and lead research and development departments in various sectors of industry, especially in high-tech industry.
- They fill management positions in the administration and logistics.
- They work in the consulting or quality control.
- They act as advisors or are members of advisory bodies in the fields of science and technology.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 14, 2017