MASTER IN PHOTOGRAPHY AND VISUAL DESIGN
Our ‘Learning by Doing’ approach combines traditional visual disciplines with new digital technologies and synthesizes individual study with group project work. We establish numerous collaborations and projects with Italian and international companies and institutions to give students hands-on work opportunities to develop their critical thinking, conceptual problem solving, and practical artistic and design skills.
- To study in Milan, recognized as the world’s capital of fashion, arts, and design.
- To collaborate with over 1,000 companies, working on real-world projects and complementing your studies with unique internship opportunities.
- To obtain a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural learning experience, with a focus on direct experimentation.
- To learn from an outstanding faculty of inspiring industry professionals and mentors.
- To attend cutting-edge programs held both in Italian and English, that will give you an internationally recognized degree.
- To study in an award-winning academy, selected by leading publications such as Frame Publishers, Domus Magazine, and Business of Fashion, as one of the world's top schools for art and design.
The one-year Master’s Program in Photography and Visual Design integrates theoretical study with laboratories and project workshops. Coursework is enriched by guided visits to research centers and performance spaces, audiovisual production facilities, publishing houses, theatres, artists’ studios, museums, and contemporary art galleries.
Workshops simulating real assignments in real technologically equipped studios are conducted in collaboration with a network of partner companies and institutions and focus on various project areas from photography exhibitions to magazines, photo/video interactions, and corporate projects.
The second part of the program is dedicated to a period of internship at selected companies or institutions such as publishing companies, editorial offices, photo agencies, photo archives, museums, galleries, or photo studios that facilitate entry into the job market. The combination of all these different aspects and approaches represents the tools through which this program prepares groundbreaking professionals to enter the world of photography, arts, and national and international communication.
- PROJECT AND SET DESIGN (EXHIBITION)
- PHOTOGRAPHY (MAGAZINE)
- PROJECT METHODOLOGY OF VISUAL COMMUNICATION
- HISTORY OF PHOTOGRAPHY
- PHOTO DOCUMENTATION (PHOTOGRAPHY SYSTEM - AGENCIES, COLLECTING, MARKETS)
- PHENOMENOLOGY OF IMAGE
- COMPUTER GRAPHICS
- DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
When Students graduate from NABA, they receive a degree that is recognized around the world and in Europe that is accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities, and Research (MIUR).
Students will learn from international and recognized professionals who work with leading brands and studios around the world.
- The course leader of the Master in Photography and Visual Design is Francesco Zanot.
The annual NABA Placement certified survey aimed to investigate alumni occupational position after graduation. 89% of NABA students find a job one year upon graduation.
This program is focused on training a wide variety of professionals who are involved in the production, management, and distribution of photographic images for both commercial objectives and artistic goals: Photographers in a variety of fields, including advertising, fashion, architecture, and the arts, Curators and cultural operators, events managers for photographic exhibitions, festivals, fairs, and other cultural venues, Photo editors and image consultants for companies and publishing houses, Photo research specialists and archivists for image banks and stock photography agencies, Managers for cultural industries who are involved in the production and management of photographic materials.
The Master in Photography and Visual Design cooperates or has cooperated with:
Canon, Condé Nast, Contrasto, De Agostini, Fabbrica el Vapore, Fotografi Senza Frontiere, Frieze, Gemeentemuseum Den Haag, Guggenheim Museum Venice, Mack Books, Magnum Photos, Mondadori, Museo di Fotografia Contemporanea, Ogilvy & Mather, Paradox Amsterdam, Piccolo Teatro di Milano, RCS Quotidiani, Skira, and the World Wide Fund of Nature.
Cost and Fees
EU countries and Switzerland: €12.950
Non-EU students: €16.250
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017