Read the Official Description
Last updated April 19, 2018
About the Master
The director of photography is the professional responsible for the artistic creation of images for the staging of cinematographic, television and audiovisual productions.
To carry out this task, he will make decisions regarding lighting, optics, framing and composition or textures with the clear objective of collaborating in the creation of the image of the audiovisual work.
Who is it for?
University graduates in Audiovisual Communication, Fine Arts or other university-level degrees related to the audiovisual field. Professionals from the film or audiovisual sector who want to deepen their knowledge of the direction of cinematographic photography.
To enter this course it is essential to have a reel as a director of photography in professional formats, and a personal interview will be held.
- The Master's in Photography Management has a structure composed of:
- CINEMATOGRAPHIC THEORY: In these classes the students receive all the necessary theory about the direction of photography.
- THEMATIC CLASSES: In which a professional of the specialty delves into a field related to photography (postproduction, grading, VFX, advertising ...)
- PRACTICES: These classes are held on set and each student has one or several sessions to execute the exercises proposed by the teachers. These are classes where filming formats such as 35m or 4K will be used. The sessions are supervised by professionals active in the industry. Two days a week, the students, divided in two or three groups, carry out their individual practices through the technical support and material that the same school provides.
- TUTORIAL / VISIONADOS: In which comments and corrects the practices carried out by the student
The teaching team is made up of professionals active in the film and advertising sector, together with ESCAC's own teachers who accompany the students daily in the execution of their practices.
Data of interest
- Dates: Of this course we make 2 editions a year:
- First edition: from September 12, 2018 to February 8, 2019
- Second edition: from February 4 to June 21, 2019
- schedule: Monday to Friday, at different times *:
- Three days a week from 10 am to 2 pm: Theoretical classes in the classroom.
- Two days a week from 10 am to 5 pm: Exercises on set. They are divided into three groups of eight students distributed on the sets of ESCAC.
- * The school reserves the right to place a maximum of 10% of the classes outside of the established schedule if an unexpected or incompatibility arises in the schedule of any of the teachers.
- The school opens on Saturdays from 9 am to 2 pm with open classrooms and optional workshops.
- language: All classes are taught in Spanish, although the school reserves the right to impart 10% of them in English in case the teaching staff so requests.
- registration: (consult web)
- Face-to-face modality
- seats: 24
- price: € 9,900
This school offers programs in: