The Master's degree in Photochemistry and Molecular Materials provides the students with a solid, versatile and up-to-date preparation in the growing fields of photochemistry and molecular materials, with an increasing attention to nanomaterials. It enables students to plan, simulate, synthesize and characterize new materials, and to investigate, understand and exploit the effects of the electromagnetic radiation interacting with materials of natural and synthetic origin.
The course offers investigation methods and practical activities useful to develop theoretical and experimental skills, to be applied in future jobs in industry, in public and private research and academy.
The course in numbers
76% International students and students not residing in the region
87% Graduates aligned to the exam schedule
13% Graduates with experience abroad
97% Graduates satisfied with their studies
39% Graduates who are working
56% Graduates who are not working but are studying or not looking for work
5% Graduates who are not working but looking for work
5 reasons to enrol on the degree programme
1. Be part of a legacy. Our Department is where photochemistry was brought to life and still maintains its reputation as a leader in the field.
2. The first and only master of its kind in Italy taught in English by internationally renowned professors at the forefront of groundbreaking research.
3. We offer a stimulating learning environment where students can meet and engage with world-leading scientists.
4. We provide exciting internships through our extensive network of universities and research centres across Europe and beyond.
5. We will prepare you for careers in high-tech companies in the fields of energy, environment and health, and for prestigious international PhDs.
There are specific enrolment procedures for each degree programme. You can find detailed information about how to apply, tuition fees and deadlines on https://corsi.unibo.it/2cycle/PhotochemistryMolecularMaterials/how-to-enrol
Study grants and subsidies
University students may obtain economic support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna and other external bodies.
Tuition fees exemptions
Check our website to know which are the required documents to apply for full exemptions and special subsidies.
About the School
The Alma Mater Studiorum, the oldest university in the Western world, paves the way for innovation through an increasingly rich programme catalogue, cutting-edge research and a constant and increasing ... Read More