The Master in Packaging Design will enable you to communicate, formally and graphically, the attributes of a product. You will learn to design a container that captures the needs of the environment and to propose the solution, design and execution of any packaging project.
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering","author_url":"","source":"©ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering"}" />
- Qualification: Master in Packaging Design, own title issued by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF).
- Direction: Eva Minguella
- ECTS credits: 60
- Duration: October 2020 to July 2021; February 2021 to February 2022; Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 17: 00-21: 15.
- Price: € 10,000 (+ € 450 pre-registration)
- Language: Spanish
- Access and admission requirements: Official university degree or equivalent to Graphic Design, Product Design or Product Engineering. Knowledge of Graphic Design software.
How can we communicate the attributes of a product through its packaging? In the Master in Packaging Design you will learn to take advantage of packaging as an opportunity to add meaning and meaning to the product.
In a continuously expanding market, packaging requires professionals with the ability to communicate, both formally and graphically, the attributes of a product. Designing a package today implies bringing to the market products that seduce with their language of communication and are designed with social awareness and environmental responsibility. This Master offers the appropriate tools to conceptualize and develop comprehensive packaging projects, with the aim of training specialized designers in this discipline.
The Master in Packaging Design focuses on both graphic design and structural packaging design , not from a technical point of view, but rather in its form and communication. It offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the most recognized packaging designers in each sector and learn their working methodology to reach an optimal and professional result.
The final objective is to provide the participants, through practical workshops and theoretical capsules, with the necessary knowledge to create and develop a product from the point of view of strategy and branding, detect the needs of the client and propose the solution, design and execution of any packaging project.
In the course of the Master, a minimum of 12 practical cases of different nature and category are resolved: from gourmet packaging to mass consumption, from redesign to the creation of new packaging. Concepts such as ecodesign and innovation are introduced to create more efficient and sustainable packaging that promotes good design and optimal use of materials.
Information session video
- Deepening the packaging discipline, its history and new trends, and knowing how society and the consumer influence packaging solutions.
- Offer the necessary theoretical / practical instruments to carry out and present a packaging project: creation of naming, lettering and applied typography, art direction and presentation techniques.
- Know the lines that strategists and designers follow to achieve a successful product, acquire a solid theoretical base of branding and know how a product is created and developed from a marketing point of view.
- Put into practice the knowledge acquired through the analysis, planning, design and execution of packaging projects. Detect customer needs and create packaging that meets the demands of different sectors. Learn to create more efficient and sustainable packaging that promotes good design and optimal use of materials.
- Provide the student with specific knowledge in the materials used by the packaging industry: the systems for creating the packaging, prepress and printing, quality controls and identify the different types of packaging that exist and their possibilities.
- Know the factors that determine the production and selection of a container for a specific product and the role that the selection of a certain type of container can have in a product.
Ability to develop a comprehensive packaging project, both graphic and structural, in all its phases:
1. Initial phase: Basic notions about branding and strategy. Generation of initial briefing of project approach.
2. Brand development phase: Naming generation and brand creation. Ability to structure a packaging architecture.
3. Packaging design phase: Mastery of the formalization of design projects, both graphically and structurally, applied to different sectors or needs:
- Consumer packaging
- Cosmetic packaging (healthcare)
- Gourmet packaging- food
- Packaging redesign
- Packaging for wines
- Take-away packaging
- Packaging for luxury products
- Packaging e-commerce
4. Model making phase and final arts:
- Basic notions for the development of models in volume (foam) and cardboard.
- Basic notions for the development of final arts for reproduction.
Development of complementary tools to a packaging project. Strategic tools such as branding, marketing and neuromarketing, design, such as micro-typography and typesetting or general scope such as aesthetics, history of packaging ...
Development of technical knowledge regarding sustainability criteria, materials and printing systems.
Mastery of the language necessary to present a project and to communicate with the different agents participating in the process.
About the School
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering is a university center founded in 1961 and it is the oldest school of design in Spain. ELISAVA is among the 100 best schools of design and architectu ... Read More