Learn to manage and lead with our 1-year master's degree
Master what it takes to be a cutting-edge leader in today's rapidly changing business world.
With a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL), you'll be ready for this ever-changing world. Our esteemed instructors combine years of experience with industry-leading skills and knowledge in order to provide students with the abilities they need to succeed and distinguish themselves within their chosen profession.
The MSOL program provides students with opportunities to demonstrate initiative and immediately apply their learning to dynamic, real-time situations within their organizations. For corporate cohorts, the curriculum is further customized to ensure a direct correlation between organizational initiatives and student learning.
The MSOL program brings together international teams of working professionals. Through interactive, group-based learning experiences, students will be prepared to:
- Identify current challenges of organizational leadership in historical context;
- Master the techniques of collaborative team communication;
- Establish and facilitate successful team projects;
- Harness human ingenuity, technology, and environmental change to foster continuous learning and competitive advantage.
- GMATs optional
- Non-Business majors welcome
- Flexible in-class and online class
- A collaborative learning environment designed to bring together professionals from a variety of fields
- Competitive career opportunities
Graduates will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Theories and styles of leadership, with emphasis on understanding the role of leaders in achieving organizational effectiveness.
- The processes through which ethical conflicts are resolved by organizations, with emphasis on understanding the role of leaders in setting and maintaining ethical standards.
- Motivational theory and practices, with emphasis on understanding the role of leaders in motivating individuals as members of organizations.
- Individual and group behavior in organizations, with emphasis on understanding the role of leaders in coordinating the efforts of people.
- Cultural differences and their influence on organizational behavior, with emphasis on understanding the role of leaders in adapting to such differences.
- Communication strategies in organizations, with emphasis on understanding the role of leaders in team-building through communications.
- The market environment, with emphasis on understanding the role of leaders in adapting to economic change.
- Technological change, with emphasis on understanding the role of leaders in adapting to such change.
- Strategic management, with emphasis on the role of leaders in establishing direction for organizations.
The purpose of this program is to enable students to acquire knowledge and develop competencies that will make them effective leaders at any level of an organization. This program can be completed in one year and can also be applied as a concentration in the MBA Program.
- Submit a baccalaureate transcript.
- Submit a work statement or résumé that summarizes all work and supervisory experience.
Organizational Leadership Objectives
The major objectives of the program are for students to:
- Gain clarity of their purpose, values, and commitment.
- Develop the capacity to achieve goals through collaborative relationships.
- Develop the capacity to initiate sustainable changes in organizations.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 28, 2017