The Ostelea Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism aims to train professionals and managers who lead business projects focused on the planning and management of different types of events (especially actions of Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions as well as congresses and conventions, professional fairs), that dominate the concepts of protocol and communication and public relations strategies and that generate a tourist development focused on the quality business tourism segment, as well as with the business perspective necessary to be efficient in decision making.
The Master in event organization and protocol is taught in Barcelona as a world-class business and congress destination, such as the Mobile World Congress, Bridal Week or the City Innovation Summit, which is used for the practical delivery of certain subjects.
Why study Event organization in Ostelea
- Management Experience: The student will develop the basic skills to manage projects effectively, the "Soft Skills".
- The student who attends the Master in event organization and protocol will have the possibility of doing an International Tourism Residential in Saxion (Netherlands). (additional cost). Campus to Campus: Possibility of taking part of the program on the other Ostelea campus. Barcelona-Madrid exchange (accommodation and travel not included).
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Employability-Oriented Training: Professional career itineraries, employability week, employment forum, graduate program, among others (subject to call). Students who take the Master in event organization and protocol want to start their own business will have access to the Entrepreneurs Project to receive advice.
Assistance to Fairs
- Thanks to the Master in event organization and protocol the student will have an extensive program of visits to fairs, events and organizations.
Other outstanding values
- Ostelea is an affiliated member of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), a benchmark in world tourism governance. Ostelea is a member of the Spanish Association of Tourism Professionals (AEPT). Languages: English or French to choose.
The Master in Event Organization will allow you
- Know the MICE industry (meetings, Incentives, Conferencing and Exhibitions)
Build a strong knowledge base of the MICE industry from an international perspective and always from a managerial perspective.
- Global vision
Train managers oriented to business management of event and protocol companies capable of obtaining the expected results globally.
- Development of strategic plans
To publicize the keys to the elaboration of strategic plans and their application to immediate action in MICE environments (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing and Exhibitions).
- Innovation and Sustainable Management
To develop the capacity for creativity and innovation in the industry and its sustainable management through comprehensive and specialized training, qualifying participants for assuming positions of responsibility within the event organization and protocol sector.
- Executive Training
Develop the necessary managerial skills of a global manager of MICE companies to ensure that collaborative, assertive and participatory work is carried out among all team members.
Careers and career opportunities
Ostelea offers its students employability-oriented training, which is why it makes the following services available to students.
TSDP - (Tourism Skills Developement Program)
An exclusive program where they will learn to develop their skills and abilities.
The TSDP consists of 55 teaching hours that includes (limited places):
- Management Skills
- Public relations
- advanced Excel
- Turistic marketing
- Employability: 3 workshops focused on candidate selection and improvement processes
- Entrepreneurship: through the Entrepreneurs Project where they will receive advice
- Career Transition: 5 workshops to guide students about their professional future
(To choose one)
Talent Tourism Week
With the presence of relevant companies in the sector that will present their offers and then interview potential students
Companies participate by publishing their offers online and interviewing our students
Prepared by multinational companies (Hilton, Mandarin Oriental, Hotusa ...), whose objective is to select the most suitable candidates
Meetings between national and international companies, where students can learn about the most demanded profiles in the sector
Professional opportunities in event organization and protocol
- Director of establishments focused on business tourism, protocol and organization of events.
- Hotel establishments dedicated to hosting events, such as congresses, conventions and conferences.
- Companies that use sponsorship and patronage as a communication tool and need qualified professionals to manage the events they are going to organize or sponsor.
- Departments of public institutions of any field dedicated to the implementation of cultural, heritage and artistic policies.
- Protocol specialists in both private and official events, working in companies or on their own.
- Marketing directors of companies focused on business tourism.
Ostelea's Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism is classified into 5 modules:
- Structure and international finance of the tourism sector.
- Talent management and innovation in global contacts.
- Business management of events organization and business tourism in global environments.
- International marketing, protocol and organization of events and business tourism.
- Master's Thesis
The admission process guarantees the suitability of the candidates for the Master in event organization and protocol, in this way all participants will be able to take full advantage of this learning experience.
To start the admission process it is necessary to fill in the information request. From that moment Ostelea will contact the candidate to close an interview to which the following documentation must be submitted:
- University degree
- The Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
The enrollment period is from April to October.
After finishing the interview, the Admissions Committee will analyze case by case and communicate the resolution to the candidate to inform him of the status of his admission.
The participant who successfully completes the Master in event organization and protocol on the Barcelona campus will obtain a triple degree :
- Master's Degree in International Tourism Management, with a specialty in International Management of Events and Business Tourism, from the University of Lleida (official)
- Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism, by Ostelea School of Tourism & Hospitality (own)
- Master in Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism, by EAE Business School (own)
In order to obtain the degrees that EAE and the University grant, it is necessary to comply with the requirements requested by said institutions.
Ostelea makes available to the candidates, for the Master in event organization and protocol, scholarships consisting of financial aid with the aim of supporting our students.
Each application will be studied independently, it will be granted during the admission process and it will be communicated personally by the Admissions Committee before the formalization of the registration.
Scholarships representing 100% of the total enrollment fee will not be awarded in any case.
The economic aid will be offered in the following cases:
- Advance reservation of place.
- Adequacy of the profile to the requirements of each program.
- Former students of the school. In this case, a 25% discount will be applied to the enrollment.
About the School
Somos un centro universitario internacional especializado en la formación de líderes, directivos y técnicos especializados en la industria del Hospitality