The aim of the Master is to produce well-trained professionals in Bioinformatics and Omics Data Analysis who after graduation would be able to perform efficient and rigorous analysis of large amounts of genetic and molecular data in a wide range of applications.
The master responds to the growing use of high-throughput omics techniques, both in the context of biomedical research and in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries and to the increasing demand for highly qualified professionals in this field.
The program covers genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, metagenomics, interactomics, and integromics and provides knowledge of the most important techniques for omic data acquisition and analysis. The students will be able to analyze omics data information using appropriate statistical and bioinformatics tools.
The teaching methodology, in collaboration with research centers and companies in the field, will ensure that a wide range of applications is covered.
Expert in Bioinformatics and Omics Data Analysis for research centers, universities, hospitals, and biotechnology and biomedical companies. The Master may also be the starting point in a research career.
- Location: Via Augusta 123, Barcelona (location)
- Language: English
- Timetable: 3 pm to 7 pm Monday through Thursday
- Classes: In-person or online (video lectures), from 15 October 2019 to 31 March 2020.
- Programming and database management for Bioinformatics: Linux, Python, BioPython, MySQL, and iCloud
- Statistical and data mining methods for omics data analysis. R and Bioconductor
- Genome Bioinformatics
- Concepts of genomics and techniques for genomic data acquisition
- Analysis of Complex Disease Association Studies
- Concepts of transcriptomics and techniques for transcriptomic data acquisition
- Analysis of Microarray gene expression data
- Next Generation Sequencing analysis
- Concepts of epigenomics and techniques for epigenomic data acquisition
- Concepts of proteomics and metabolomics
- Proteomics data analysis
- Metabolomics data analysis
- Concepts of interactomics
- Systems Biology
- Integrative Genomics
|Final Master Project
||Final Master Project
Applications (10 ECTS)
Course: Scientific communication
Conferences: A wide range of applications will be covered mainly by external collaborators from research centers and companies
- Genomics and animal breeding
- Genomics and Aging
- Genomics and Food science
An emphasis will be given to applications that require the integration of different kind of omic data and biological knowledge (INTEGROMICS).
Final Master Project (15 ECTS)
The Final project can have a professional or research orientation.
For the professionally oriented project, the student will stay 3-4 months in a company where he/she will participate in a project performing focused and specialized activities related to the master content.
For the research-oriented project, the student will perform a research project within a research group in a research center or university.
All projects will have an internal supervisor, will conclude in a written Master thesis and will be exposed to a specialized committee.
Program taught in: