Program Description & Objectives
Oil and gas wells are physical and informational conduits in the exploration and development of underground oil and gas resources. This major is aimed at investigating the knowledge related to the construction (drilling and completion), measurement, usage and maintenance of wells.
- Advanced Numerical Analysis
- Recent Progresses in Oil/Gas Well Engineering
- Computational Solid Mechanics
- Computational Fluid Mechanics
- Oil and Gas Well Fluid Mechanics and Engineering
- Oil and Gas Well Chemistry and Engineering
- Oil and Gas Well Mechanics and Control Engineering
- Oil and Gas Well Rock Mechanics and Engineering
Graduation & Degree Requirements
- Study time: 3 years.
- Minimum credits: 31
- 31000 RMB/Year (English taught)
- 29,000 RMB/Year (Chinese taught)
Where English was not the medium of instruction during a student’s previous study experience, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5. or TOEFL 80
HSK 5 with at least 180 marks for applicants of the Chinese language program
Application Deadline & Course Start Date
Applications open from October to May 30th for postgraduate studies. Degree programs all start in September. We advise students to apply 3 months before the deadline in order to have ample time to prepare all the necessary materials, apply for scholarships and look for supervisors.
About the School
China University of Petroleum (CUPB) was founded in 1953, nominated as one of the key national universities in 1960, and is a ‘211’ national universities under administration of the Ministry of Educat ... Read More