Program Description & Objectives
Oil and Gas Field Development Engineering is a discipline that aims to understand the fundamental properties of oil and gas reservoirs and the law of oil and gas flow in porous media, build the effective displacement systems to develop oil and gas fields properly, and extract the oil and gas to the surface economically.
- Advanced Reservoir Engineering
- Gas-liquid Two-phase Theory
- Numerical Reservoir Simulation
- Theory of Artificial Lift
- Intelligent Oil and Gas Field Development Engineering
- Theory and Application of Oil and Gas Flow through Porous Medium
- Oil and Gas Field Development Theory and System Engineering
- Theory and Technology of Oil Production Engineering
- Enhanced Oil Recovery and Oil Production Chemistry
- Theory and Technology of Unconventional Oil and Gas Production
Graduation & Degree Requirements
- Study time: 3 years.
- Minimum credits: 30
- 31 000 RMB/Year (English taught)
- 29 000 RMB/Year (Chinese taught)
Where English was not the medium of instruction during a student’s previous study experience, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5. or TOEFL 80
HSK 5 with at least 180 marks for applicants of the Chinese language program
Application Deadline & Course Start Date
Applications open from October to May 30th for postgraduate studies. Degree programs all start in September. We advise students to apply 3 months before the deadline in order to have ample time to prepare all the necessary materials, apply for scholarships and look for supervisors.
About the School
China University of Petroleum (CUPB) was founded in 1953, nominated as one of the key national universities in 1960, and is a ‘211’ national universities under administration of the Ministry of Educat ... Read More