New graduate degree program (2 years/120 ECTS, full-time, fully taught in English) at the Faculty of Informatics and Statistics (FIS), University of Economics, Prague (VŠE).
Master in Official Statistics (MOS) provides students with an advanced training in specific themes of statistics in general or official statistics.
Graduates who have successfully completed MOS will be able to demonstrate knowledge about:
- the system of official statistics,
- data production models and methods,
- statistical, econometrical and demographic methods and basic IT tools.
The main objective of MOS is to enhance the abilities of students to understand national and European official data (quality, production process, dissemination) and to analyze them in a national, European and international context using statistical, demographic and econometrical methods.
Key fields of study
- Official Statistics
- Economic Statistics
- Survey Methodology
- National Accounts
- Compulsory Internship in Statistical Institutions
MOS graduates will be qualified especially for positions in:
- national and international statistical institutes,
- central banks,
- at statistical, analytical and research departments of other central government institutions,
- analysts at consulting companies, firms, banks and other financial institutions.
Minimum admission requirements
- Bachelor degree in a related field of study
- English language knowledge - corresponding to level B2 or higher
- Application documents: CV and Reference letter in English
- Entrance exam: write an essay on a given economic-statistics related topic
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 7, 2018