New graduate degree program (2 years/120 ECTS, full-time, fully taught in English) at the Faculty of Informatics and Statistics (FIS), University of Economics, Prague (VŠE).
Accredited with EMOS label (European Master in Official Statistics), awarded by the European Statistical System Committee (ESSC) only to programs which fulfil strict requirements and offer high-quality education.
The graduates of this programme will obtain two diplomas in parallel: the diploma issued by the University fo Economics, Prague and the EMOS diploma supported by Eurostat.
Master in Official Statistics (MOS) provides students with an advanced training in specific themes of statistics in general or official statistics.
Graduates who have successfully completed MOS will be able to demonstrate knowledge about:
- the system of official statistics,
- data production models and methods,
- statistical, econometrical and demographic methods and basic IT tools.
The main objective of MOS is to enhance the abilities of students to understand national and European official data (quality, production process, dissemination) and to analyze them in a national, European and international context using statistical, demographic and econometrical methods.
Key fields of study
- Official Statistics
- Economic Statistics
- Survey Methodology
- National Accounts
- Compulsory Internship in Statistical Institutions
MOS graduates will be qualified especially for positions in:
- national and international statistical institutes,
- central banks,
- at statistical, analytical and research departments of other central government institutions,
- analysts at consulting companies, firms, banks and other financial institutions.
The unemployment rate of our graduates is less then 0,9%. Our graduates have the highest starting salary from all VŠE alumni.
The MOS program is taught by experts with long-term experiences.
Official Statistics - taught by Mr. Jan Fischer, former Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, former President of the Czech Statistical Office
National Accouting - taught by Mr. Jaroslav Sixta, Vice-President of the Czech Statistical Office
Survey Metholodology - taught by Mr. Martin Zelený, Head of the Demography Section of the Czech Statistical Office
Academic guarantor of the MOS program - prof. Jakub Fischer, Dean of the Faculty of Informatics and Statistics
Minimum admission requirements
- Bachelor degree in a related field of study
- English language knowledge - corresponding to level B2 or higher
- Application documents: CV and Reference letter in English
- Entrance exam: write an essay on a given economic-statistics related topic
Program taught in: