- can identify unpredictable problems at workplaces and address them,
- can use software and hardware required in the field, in addition to having knowledge of basic computer use,
- have knowledge of occupational safety and environmental protection, and pay attention to ethical values,
- can work in accordance with the rules and regulations of occupational health safety, have knowledge of first aid, and know-how to respond to emergencies (deal with disasters and evacuation).
Who can apply?
Anyone with a bachelor’s degree, who plans to have a career in the field of OHS (Occupational Health and Safety), can apply for this program. There are no departmental restrictions.
However, it is required to have a bachelor’s degree from any of the following departments and pass the occupational safety specialist exam to be eligible for obtaining an Occupational Safety Specialist Certificate.
Who can be an OHS specialist?
- Graduates of the Departments of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from the Faculties of Arts and Sciences
- Graduates of the Faculty of Engineering
- Graduates of the Faculty of Architecture
- Graduates of the Faculty of Technical Education
- Graduates of Occupational Health and Safety Programs from Vocational Schools of Higher Education
Claudio Hirschberger / Unsplash
The medium of instruction is Turkish. ALES and language scores are not required.
The program consists of a total of 10 courses (30 credits) over 3 semesters.
Students who are successful in their courses and project homework can complete the program in a year.
Students are expected to write a “Master’s Project (Dissertation)” in addition to their regular course load.
Opportunity to complete the program in a year
The Master’s Program of Occupational Health and Safety consists of 3 semesters. Students who succeed in all courses and projects they are supposed to take throughout the program can graduate in an academic year.
The Place, Date and Time of Courses: 09.00 am – 06.00 pm on Saturdays
- OHS 501 Occupational Health and Safety Law
- OHS 502 Occupational Health
- OHS 503 Occupational Safety and Regulations
- OHS 504 First Aid and Applied Training
- OHS 505 Risk Management and Assessment
- OHS 506 Occupational Health Epidemiology
- OHS 507 Ergonomics
- OHS 508 Occupational Psychology
- OHS 509 Occupational Hygiene
- OHS 510 Occupational Physiology
- OHS 511 Building Management Systems
- OHS 512 Fire Protection Methods
- OHS 513 Occupational Health and Safety in Construction Workplaces
- OHS 514 Radiation Safety
- OHS 515 Occupational Health and Safety in Works at Height
- OHS 516 Occupational Health and Safety in Basic Law, Labor Law, and Other Laws
- OHS 517 Occupational Accidents and the Inquiry Process
- OHS 518 Health Supervision and Occupational Diseases
- OHS 519 Fire Safety, Inflammable, and Explosive Environments and Protection
- OHS 520 Occupational Health and Safety in Construction Workplaces
- OHS 521 Industrial Occupational Hygiene
- OHS 522 Risk Factors and Protection Policies
- OHS 523 Maintenance and Repair Management Systems
- OHS 524 Emergency Safety
- OHS 525 Supervision of the Workplace and Personal Protection Equipment
- OHS 500 Dissertation
Application and Registration Procedures
Candidates who want to join the Master’s Program can make online pre-application on the dates specified on the calendar. Next, they must take the documents below to the Institute of Sciences and Engineering in person to make the “final registration” on the dates specified on the academic calendar.
- 1. Pre-Application Document and CV including the applicant’s signature.
- 2. Undergraduate Diploma or Graduation Certificate a)If the applicant has graduated from a Turkish university, a copy of the diploma will be accepted by our institution, provided that the original is presented. b)If the applicant has graduated from a university abroad, a notarized Turkish translation of the diploma will be required.
- 3. Transcript a)If the applicant has graduated from a Turkish university, a copy of the diploma will be accepted by our institution, provided that the original is presented. b)If the applicant has graduated from a university abroad, a notarized Turkish translation of the diploma will be required.
- 4. A University Recognition Letter obtained from the Council of Higher Education for students who have graduated from a university abroad
- 5. Four (4) passport photos
- 6. Submission of ID Card a)National ID Card for Turkish students b)Passport for international students
- 7. Military Service Status Document for Turkish male applicants
- 8. Turkish Proficiency for international students.
- 9. ALES or YDS are not required.
- 10. Receipt of Payment (Details regarding this can be found in the “Tuition Fees” section). A copy of the receipt can be accepted by our institution, provided that the original is presented.
The total fee of the program is 10.600 TL (VAT inclusive)