Qualification: Master in Disorders of Neurodevelopment issued by ISEP
The Master in Neurodevelopmental Disorders trains qualified professionals, highly specialized in the diagnosis and therapeutic approach of disorders that most commonly affect children .
Likewise, it will offer its students exhaustive knowledge of the neurophysiological foundations of human behavior , especially child behavior. This knowledge is oriented to the development of clinical and therapeutic strategies aimed at tackling the different disorders and problems, adjusted to each specific case and to each particular situation.
The teaching team, of recognized national and international prestige, is formed by professionals dedicated to research in neurosciences and in the clinical field of children with more than 10 years of experience.
The master includes 100 hours of clinical practice in both public and private centers, supervised by professionals of proven experience and 350 of personal work for the preparation of a master's final project, for public defense before the court composed of scientific-technical professionals.
Master's Program in Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- MODULE 1. Development of the nervous system.
- MODULE 2. Sensory profile and praxies.
- MODULE 3. Cognitive development assessment scales.
- MODULE 4. Scales of evaluation of psycholinguistic functions.
- MODULE 5. Visual-perceptual evaluation and behavior evaluation questionnaires.
- MODULE 6. Intellectual disability.
- MODULE 7. Epilepsy and infantile epileptic seizures.
- MODULE 8. Acquired brain damage.
- MODULE 9. Attention Deficit Disorders with and without Hyperactivity (ADHD).
- MODULE 10. Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
- MODULE 11. Oral language disorders.
- MODULE 12. Disorders of the obsessive-compulsive spectrum.
- MODULE 13. Infant cerebral palsy.
- MODULE 14. ISEP Leads. Develop your professional project and personal brand.
- PRACTICES / PRACTICE MEMORY
- FINAL WORK OF MASTER
Competences of the Master in Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Specific competences focus on the field of evaluation, diagnosis and neuropsychological intervention in childhood and adolescence:
- Ability to understand the neuroanatomical and neurofunctional bases of infant neuropsychological exploration.
- Training to establish a neuropsychological evaluation process for children and / or neuropaediatrics by having knowledge of different psychometric instruments and exploration procedures.
- Professional training to make a report, either oral or written, of neuropsychological diagnosis and prognosis.
- Training to characterize the pathophysiological mechanisms of cognitive or behavioral dysfunction in a patient.
- Training to establish a comprehensive rehabilitation program or cognitive-behavioral stimulation and know how to monitor the effectiveness of the neuropsychological intervention.
- Training to generate research studies and be able to execute the different stages of them.
- Appropriate use of scientific terminology, with special emphasis on the use of a respectful language towards people with Neurodevelopmental Disorders and their families.
- Know the manifestation, implications and individual and family consequences of the behaviors and neuropsychological profile of each disorder in different stages of the life cycle (early childhood, childhood and puberty).
- Provide a systemic vision of intervention to provide support that enables development in different contexts (family, education, leisure ...) from the perspective of social inclusion.
- Enable the formulation of hypotheses, the exposure of professional judgments and judgments, and the argumentation of practical actions according to contrasted information based on scientific evidence.
- Know and apply the professional performance standards included in the Code of Ethics.
Recipients of the Master's Degree in Neurodevelopmental Disorders
The Master in Disorders of Neurodevelopment is aimed at graduates in Psychology, Pedagogy, Psychopedagogy, Occupational Therapy, Teaching and students who are studying the last year of the race.
The selection will be made based on a brief interview in which an assessment of the merits will be made. The academic record and a letter of motivation will be taken into account.