MA Music Scoring & Composition Unit Requirements
- Major 33 units
- Graduate Liberal Arts 3 units
TOTAL 36 units
*Per director approval
MA Music Scoring & Composition Degree Requirements
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Minimum grade of C in all required 36 units
MA Music Scoring & Composition Program Learning Outcomes
Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced concepts in the language of music: harmony, melody, and rhythm
- Orchestrate and arrange music at a professional level
- Write or edit music for different visual environments (such as film, television, animation, games, multimedia, and commercials) at a professional level
Production Skills and Technical Knowledge
Demonstrate proficiency with software related to contemporary sound production techniques
- Think critically and demonstrate flexibility in creating or editing music for client needs
- Complete a final project which reflects professional goals
Visit www.academyart.edu to learn more about total costs, median student loan debt, potential occupations and other information. Accredited Member WSCUC, NASAD, CIDA (BFA-IAD, MFA-IAD), NAAB (B.ARCH*, M.ARCH), CTC (California Teacher Credential). Acting degree program is currently not offering online courses. **B.ARCH is currently in candidacy status.
All international students will require a VISA to enter the US and an OPT application to extend their stay after graduation. Selecting a STEM approved program allows for the benefit of being able to apply for an extended 24-month Optional Practical Training (OPT) stay to work in the country after graduation.
The following Academy majors qualify for the 24-month STEM Extension: Advanced Architectural Design; Advertising; Advertising & Branded Media Technology; Animation & Visual Effects; Architecture; Architectural Design; Art Education; Communications & Media Technologies; Game Development; Game Programming; Graphic Design; Graphic Design & Digital Media; Industrial Design; Interior Architecture & Design; New Media & Web Design. For more information on approved STEM programs, how to apply, and more common questions about studying as an international student at the Academy of Art University, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 21, 2017