Master in Music Science
Music Science includes the history, theoretical and other areas of music.
The development of music science in Azerbaijan can be attributed to two major periods: XIII-XV and XIX-XX centuries, XIII-XV and XIX-XX centuries have an important place in the development of music-theoretical subjects of Azerbaijan.
The chair of Music Science and methods was established in 2002-2003.
The chair consists of an assistant-professor, 5 senior teachers, two teachers, a senior laboratory-assistant and a demonstrator. The subjects taught in the chair are:
- Music History
- The history of music of Eastern nations
- Nakhchivan music culture
- The bases of Azerbaijan folk music
- The creativity of Azerbaijan folk music
- Modern music
- Music criticism
- Archives and bibliography experience
- The history of performing arts
- Special pedagogic preparation
- Music and its teaching methods
Program taught in: