THIS PROGRAM IS TAUGHT IN SPANISH
The Master of Motion Graphics Design provides the necessary technical training to create motion graphics. The program combines tools, techniques, an understanding of audiovisual language, workshops, and projects that offer a comprehensive view of current demands.
In the last few decades, Motion Graphics have revolutionized the field of audiovisual disciplines. We have witnessed a creative explosion that is expressed in the use of resources and language, as well as in the way of understanding narratives. Additionally, technological advances force the sector to constantly develop, making it necessary for professionals to permanently be updating their knowledge.
Reel del Máster de Motion Graphics Design 2015-2016 del IED Madrid from IED Madrid on Vimeo.
The Master of Motion Graphics Design is concluded with the production of a reel in which students compile all the work they have carried out during the course, becoming a faithful reflection of their skills as motion graphics designers, as well as their letter of introduction as future professionals.
Professional Opportunities: Students who study this master, can take up their professional career as:
- Motion Designer in audiovisual producers of TV and cinema, producers working in post-production and Visual Effects (VFX), design studios, advertising agencies, creative studios, communication or event agencies
- Motion Designer in departments of communication, marketing, and advertising
- Animator in animation studios
- Graphic designer in TV channels
- Art director for all types of audiovisual graphic design
The Master of Motion Graphics Design trains professionals in this sector with a high level of specialization, enhancing their knowledge and skills in this discipline. On the basis of it, the main objectives of the program are:
- To get the basis and foundations of the audiovisual language and to learn to handle its codes.
- To acquire a plural and multidisciplinary vision with respect to the cultural models that allow students to position themselves before the current scenario.
- To provide them with the necessary ability to carry out visual projects through the main techniques of motion graphics design.
- To understand the culture of the audiovisual project: the professional dynamics regulating processes and professionals who integrate them.
- To adopt the appropriate attitudes and decisions for the achievement of the project.
Methodology: This Master relies on a theoretical-practical teaching methodology that is applied as to the specific content of the program as to the Transversal Area common to the 4 schools of the IED Master (Design, Fashion, Visual Communication and Management Lab). In this way, students will live a complete training experience, promoting the relationship with other disciplines, making the most of the exchange of knowledge, ideas, opinions, and experiences as part of a stimulating and enriching training for their later career plan. This methodology is mainly based on:
- Theoretical-practical classes;
Aimed at: graduates and professionals of the graphic design, illustrators, animators, professionals of assembly and video editing, visual design, new media, advertising or related careers, who want to increase their education in this field or to make a career change and immerse themselves in this sector.
This school offers programs in:
- Spanish (Spain)
Last updated December 3, 2018