The international Master's Degree Microalgae Bioprocess Engineering is integrated into a two-year program in the process and bioprocess engineering, with three academic semesters (lectures in English) and a six-month internship in industry or research laboratory.
to develop an industrial process for microalgae valorization to be able to conduct a research project on microalgae to be able to manage an industrial project related to the microalgae field to be familiar with the multidisciplinary approach needed in microalgae field (biology, engineering).
Microalgae Bioprocess Engineering is an academic curricular of the Process and Bioprocess Master's Degree. It is a two-year degree (M1 + M2) but only the second year (M2 Microalgae Bioprocess Engineering) is accessible at Polytech Nantes.
Prerequisites for enrolment
- Applicants should hold a degree which validates at least 4-years in higher education (equivalent to Bac +4 in France).
The Master’s Degree is a two-year degree. Candidates with a Bachelor of Science degree will enroll in the first year of the Master’s Degree (Master PM3E, IMT Atlantique).
Candidates with at least a 4-year Bachelor degree or first year of Master’s Degree can ask to enroll directly in the second year of the Master’s Degree. Candidates must have good knowledge in, not necessarily all, but a majority, of the following fields:
- chemical and bioprocess engineering
- biochemical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- physics, Chemistry, and biology
First semester (S9) - (30 ECTS):
- Biology of microalgae
- Industrial valorization of microalgae
- Biochemical and metabolic engineering
- Microalgae culture and photobioreactor engineering
- Harvesting and biorefinery of microalgae
- Process integration and operation of microalgae exploitation facilities
Second semester (S10) - (30 ECTS):
- Engineer in industry or research
- Project engineer
- R & D engineer
- Higher education and research, particularly through doctoral training
Our international master (M2 MBE) is taught in English in Polytech Nantes (Gavy campus, Saint-Nazaire).
Program taught in: