There is a huge demand for managers with strategic skills in the media sector. Successfully managing the media business and developing new products requires an extremely broad knowledge of social trends and developments combined with business management expertise. That's why decision makers with sound judgment are in high demand. Macromedia University's Master's degree in Media and Communication Management is aimed at outstanding graduates from the fields of business administration, communication science, and related areas, as well as young professionals from agencies, communications departments, marketing, and media companies, who wish to hold technical and management positions. The course, which takes a firm cross-media approach, develops entrepreneurial thinking and working. All facets of strategic and operational management are combined with a deeper knowledge of business administration, comprehensive project know-how and practical application to case studies. Students learn to see media development in the overall context of social change. Graduates are not only able to understand the media but also to shape and direct them. Students who choose the Media and Communication Management stream can further specialize in the following areas:
- Brand Management
- Corporate Communication
- Culture and Creative Industries
- Corporate Publishing
- Digital Entrepreneurship
The benefits of choosing Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15.
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision.
- Globally recognized, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA.
- Campuses in Cologne, Berlin & Munich; the latter two are in the Top 10 “Best Student Cities 2017” ranking by Top Universities.
- Authentic, practice-oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies.
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers.
- International students from all continents.
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation.
- Master’s degree over three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday).
- Pre-Semester course available online.
- Several Programs entirely in English.
- Campus locations situated in the very center of Germany’s industrial locations.
- A worldwide network of Partner Universities.
Terms of admission
There are 15-20 places available for all Master’s degree courses at Macromedia University, Graduate School. Applicants need to provide the following documentation:
- University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS (eligible for Pre-Semester).
- University/B.A. degree with at least 210 ECTS (eligible for M.A. program).
- TOEFL test (at least 72 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of recommendation (from your lecturer or employer).
- Personal motivation statement.
The Pre-Semester is a foundation for applicants with less than 210 ECTS from their Bachelor’s degree. It is offered in English on the Munich and Berlin campus' every October. The MA programs start subsequently in March. Alternatively, students with under 210 ECTS can do an online Pre-Semester, starting in March, together with their M.A. program. The workload for the first two out of three terms will be significantly higher, but students have the possibility to acquire the complete MA degree in just three terms.
All MA programs start in March and are offered as full-time programs with a duration of three semesters (1.5 years). MA lectures usually take place three days per week during lecture times. The Pre-Semester (presence in class) begins in October with a duration of one semester (30 ECTS in 0.5 years), which you study before joining the MA Program. The online Pre-Semester begins in March, at the same time as your MA program. The duration is two semesters (30 ECTS in one year parallel to your full-time MA).
Following the non-consecutive philosophy of the Macromedia University Graduate School, we welcome graduates from all different branches and not only from a media and/or design background. You are required to provide a recognized undergraduate degree, but not necessarily from the same subject area, you plan to take your MA degree in. All Master’s degree courses comply with the EU Master Qualification Criteria and the European Credit Point System. They are accredited by FIBAA. The programs are subject to the General Examination Regulations for Graduate Master’s degree programs and the respective course and examination regulations.
- Master EU: €6,000 installment amount per semester plus one-off €500 registration fee*
- Master Non-EU: €6,000 installment amount per semester plus one-off €750 registration fee*
- Pre-Semester EU (attendance study): €6,000 plus one-off €500 registration fee*
- Pre-Semester NON-EU (attendance study): €6,000 plus one-off €750 registration fee*
*Prices quoted as of November 2016 are subject to modifications and errors.
Registration deadline: Summer term: Non-EU 15/12; EU 15/02
Ask us a question!
We want to hear from you and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Visit our international website to find out more about us: www.macromedia-university.com.
Get in touch with us via our online chat, or contact us via WhatsApp or the information request form. We want to help you find the perfect study program for your dream career.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 17, 2018