This MA Programme is organized and hosted by the Faculty of Journalism and Communication Studies of the University of Bucharest. It is endorsed by Government Decision no. 581/2013 on Accreditation of university master degree programs and on the number of students that can be enrolled in the academic year 2013-2014, published in Monitorul Oficial, Part I no. 500 of 08.08.2013.
Tuition Capacity: 50 master students
Transferable Credits: 120
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
No. of hours per week: 15 (5:30 p.m – 8:30 p.m.)
The MPCG curricula courses are integrally taught in English by reputed professors of the Faculty of Journalism and Communication Studies, as well as from other prestigious faculties/universities in Romania and in other EU countries (visiting professors involved in the Erasmus Programme)
Admission fee: 150 RON (first option), 100 RON (second option), 50 RON (third option)
Mission / Objectives:
In terms of professional competencies and skills, "Media, Public Communication, and Globalization" (MPCG) offer students the opportunity to understand, reflect and act upon an integrative model of public communication, both on the public arena and through the new and "old" communication technologies. In this respect, our professors propose the latest concepts, theories, principles and fundamental methods of research in communication and media studies, in a globalized social exchange of information. Our master students will feel motivated to contribute to the development of theoretical and applied areas that have been under-represented in research, such as the performance studies, anthropology of transition stages, the semiotics of new media, global communication, etc.
- Semiotics - Professor Dr. Daniela Frumușani
- Performance and Creative Communication - Professor. Dr. Marian Popescu
- Global Communication and NT - Associate Professor Dr. Georgeta Drulă
- Web Documentary – Narrative Structures - Associate Professor Dr. Mirela Lazăr
- Communication Ethics - Associate Professor Dr. Raluca Radu
- Visual rhetoric. An introduction - Associate Professor Dr. Costin Popescu
- Gender and Politics – Associate Professor Dr. Oana Băluță
- Formats of the Televised Electoral Debate (A Contrastive Approach) - Associate Professor Dr. Ruxandra Boicu
"Media, Public Communication and Globalization" MA Programme equally addresses bachelor or master graduates of the Faculty of Journalism and Communication Studies, Erasmus students, graduates of the faculties of sociological, humanistic or artistic studies (Communication, Language and Literature, social, political, administrative sciences / studies, theater, religion, arts, etc.) or graduates of other related studies, provided they have the necessary communication competences in English, at least at the intermediate level.
1 . Eliminatory test: testing oral language proficiency in English.
2. The written research project / plan (approx. 12,000 characters) according to our master profile. This Research Plan will include chapters devoted to "research objectives", "research corpus", "research methodology" and "bibliography" (the research data are optional and can be obtained and analyzed as a consequence of the assimilation of our master courses); this research project/ plan will be written in English and shall be submitted at registration.
N. B. Oral test in English: The project presentation.
Conf. Univ. Dr. Ruxandra Boicu
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 25, 2018