The M.Sc. in Media, Management and Digital Technologies was created to train future leaders and founders in digital businesses with a high level of expertise in the intersection of management and digital technologies. Therefore, our goal is to attract talented and ambitious students from all over Europe and other parts of the world with study backgrounds in business and informatics (computer science) or related integrated programs. The MMT is a four-semester Master of Science (M.Sc.) program fully taught in English (no German language skills required). It is jointly offered by the Munich School of Management and the Institute for Informatics of Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU). There are no tuition fees for study programs at the LMU.
The MMT program offers:
- one of Europe's most renowned universities in a city with a very high living quality,
- a unique and future-oriented course structure with highly relevant practical content,
- small groups for maximized learning success,
- teaching by leading researchers in their field,
- collaborations with well-known corporate partners,
- numerous career perspectives, especially in industries that extensively use digital technologies - but also as founders or in academia.
The course structure consists of five major building blocks:
- Business and Technology: integrates content from business and informatics. All course formats are highly interactive and will be partly conducted in close collaboration with company partners.
- Media Business: addresses media-related topics from a business perspective (e.g. Digitalization, Transformation and Management and Electronic Markets).
- Media Technologies: addresses media-related issues from a technological perspective (courses are offered by the Institute for Informatics).
- Electives: Students have the opportunity to elect courses from business and informatics according to their preferences and interests. A broad catalog of courses is provided by both faculties.
- Finale Module: Students write their master thesis about a relevant topic at one of the participating institutes from the Munich School of Management or the Institute for Informatics.
Completed bachelor's degree (grade better <2.4) in...
- ...a business-related subject with sufficient credits in informatics OR
- ...an informatics related subject with sufficient credits in business OR
- ...an integrated program (e.g., media informatics or information systems).
English language skills (min. level C1) - knowledge of the German language is no prerequisite.
You can apply for the MMT program on a yearly basis. An application is possible from 1st February to 15th May of the year in which you would like to commence your studies.
About the School
Ludwig-Maximilians-University or LMU, the University in the heart of Munich, forms the urban landscape and has campuses throughout the city. LMU Munich is one of the leading universities in Europe. Ca ... Read More