Information for applicants
Do you waver between mechanical or electrical engineering or IT? You don’t have already!
Mechatronics, this is the up-to-date connection of the fine mechanics, electronics and intelligent computer control systems.
Each modern product can be practically called a mechatronic system. You can find a job in mechanical or electrical engineering, robotics, biomedicine, and next related branches.
During the studies you learn to design, to test and also to control mechatronic systems, which scan the signals from the environment (temperature, position, velocity, pressure, sound, image, etc.), are able to process them and transform into the control signal, which finally controls the, for example, the movement of the robot or production machine.
You will learn to design them as an advanced product characterized by the use of artificial intelligence, interactivity or autonomous behavior.
- Faculty: Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Type of study: Follow-up Master
- Language of instruction: English
- Code of the program: N0714A270004
- Czech title of the program: Mechatronika
- English title of the program: Mechatronics
- Regular period of the study: 2 years
- Coordinating department: Department of Control Systems and Instrumentation
Interdisciplinary education is a great advantage for the future work of graduates in different areas in mechanical and electrical engineering. The graduates can become members of the project teams and are ready to start their professional careers in research and development in engineering, automotive industry, IT and production of different kinds.
The goal of the study program Mechatronics is to prepare the graduates for R&D activities in the field of Mechatronics, to be able to design mechatronic systems for the applications in different productions and for different technologies. The profile of the graduate involves the methods of the integrated design of the mechatronic system, which consists of a mechanical subsystem, electrical subsystem, actuators, and control system. The graduates know the methods of computer-aided design, mathematical modeling and computer simulation as well as control systems design.
The graduates of the study program Mechatronics have the knowledge important for the design of mechatronic systems. They know a lot about automatic control systems, applied mechanics, electronics and microprocessor systems, measurements and signal processing.
They have experience with electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drives and their control systems, next with measurements and sensors and diagnostic signal processing.
The graduates are able to analyze the dynamic properties of the complex structure systems and use the methods of mathematical-physical modeling and simulation of dynamic systems. They know, how to use the CAD software for the design of mechatronic systems, control algorithms and software for data acquisition, monitoring and visualization of technological processes. They are ready to design the measurement of important variables of the mechatronic system and to design the identification experiment of the dynamic properties of the controlled systems. Based on the dynamic analysis they are able to design the control system using PLC, industrial PC or embedded control systems.
Graduate's general competence
The knowledge from the electrical, mechanical and control systems makes possible to take into the account the complex structure of the mechatronic system and consider the interactions of different dynamic subsystems during the design phase of the new mechatronic system and using the suitable designed control system to achieve the desired dynamic properties of the final mechatronic system. The graduates are ready for the teamwork, to discuss technical problems with other specialized groups.
General admission requirements: Master degree candidates
Criteria for admission
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level)
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study program, it is non-refundable
- Valid visa and passport
- Tuition Fee is 4000 EUR per academic year, payable at the beginning of each academic year. It is non-refundable.
About the School
Founded in 1849, VSB - Technical University of Ostrava (VSB-TUO) is a Czech public university with a long tradition in high-quality engineering education and research. These traditional core values ha ... Read More