Advanced Manufacturing (M-ENG AM)
This Master's program develops skills for providing innovative and optimized solutions in the advanced design and manufacturing of products and structures for both research and industry.
The courses rely on both theoretical and practical aspects and cover the following areas: mechanical design of innovative mechanisms and products and customer-oriented design of products. Technical, human and economic factors are taken into account.
The program of study lasts two academic years - denoted by M1 and M2. Advanced Manufacturing is one of four specialisms available within the Mechanical Engineering stream.
The language of instruction is English across the two years.
Course Content - M130 ECTS Credits per semester.
Language of instruction: English
|Continuum Mechanics||5||Engineering Materials||5|
|Fluid Mechanics||5||Constitutive Laws||5|
|Programming and Algorithms||4||Structural Mechanics||5|
|Numerical Methods||4||Computer-aided Design||5|
|Vibration and Differential Equations||4||Mechanical Design||4|
|Business Environment||4||Conferences and Initiation to Research||2|
|Modern Languages||4||Modern Languages||4|
Course Content - M2
30 ECTS Credits per semester.
Language of instruction: English
|M2 - Autumn Semester Courses||ECTS||M2 - Spring Semester
|Advanced CAD/CAM/CNC||4||Master thesis / Internship||30|
|Additive Manufacturing and advanced manufacturing processes||4|
|Design of Experiments methods for manufacturing||4|
|Optimization in manufacturing engineering||4|
|Manufacturing systems organization||4|
|Multi-physics modeling for processes||4|
NB Course content may subject to minor changes
Examples of internships in Industry:
- Mechatronic design for automotive front seats.
- Design optimization for noise reduction of rear axle's bushings.
- Modeling and simulation of an electro-hydraulic actuator.
Examples of internships in Research Labs:
- Magnetic pulse spot welding between aluminum and steel sheets.
- CAD design and prototyping of a reconfigurable 3-PRS parallel mechanism.
- Wire additive manufacturing: development of a depositing head.
- Develop innovative processes and products for composite and metallic materials and structures.
- Design products adapted to the processes.
- Work in an integrated numerical environment and in a design & manufacturing global chain.
In addition to the above specialism-specific skills, students will also develop more general skills:
- Identify models, perform simulation and analyze results.
- Communicate comprehensive results in a meaningful way.
- Undertake bibliographic surveys of international research and professional literature.
- Manage or be part of a project.
Prospects for employment or further study
- Sectors: Aeronautics, Automotive, Transportation, Wind, and Marine Energy, Mechanics, Consulting.
- Fields: Mechanical Engineering, Design, Materials, Advanced Processes, Additive Manufacturing, Research, and Innovation.
- Positions: Mechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Design Engineer, Research and Innovation Engineer (post Ph.D.)
Faculty and Research Facilities
This Master relies on the Centrale Nantes’ faculty, staff and research facilities of the GeM Institute and the LS2N Institute.
DCNS, STX, Renault, Faurecia, CETIM, CATIA, UGS
About the School
Founded in 1919, Centrale Nantes (ECN) is among the top higher education and research institutions in France in Science & Engineering. Its purpose is to develop top-level scientists & engineer ... Read More