The Master in Mathematics at the University of Luxembourg is a flexible high-standard curriculum that is close to the real needs of the students and the job market. Devoted to excellence, it offers a great variety of advanced courses enabling students to choose from three career-driven options: General Mathematics, Industrial Mathematics, and Financial Mathematics.
- Curricula designed in cooperation with representatives from industry and banks
- Teaching team committed to the highest pedagogical quality
- Hands-on Luxembourg-based training and internships with selected partners
- Job-oriented options:
- General Mathematics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Financial Mathematics
Study and career opportunities
- Doctoral Programme in Mathematics and Applications at the University of Luxembourg
- Mathematicians are needed in all institutions and companies, including public sector and higher education institutions, banks, industries, etc.
- Prove mastery of the relevant mathematical methods, further develop them and adapt them to new contexts.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of several areas of advanced mathematics and of their interrelations.
- Analyze complex problems of other fields of science and technology, plan strategies for their resolution, and apply notions and methods of (pure and applied) mathematics to solve them.
- Apply a wide repertoire of probabilistic concepts, computational science techniques, and engineering-oriented methodologies of modern financial and industrial mathematics to real-life problems, and formulate suitable solutions.
- Approach other related areas of knowledge and recognize interconnections.
- Communicate mathematical information accurately and efficiently both to younger students or the public at large, as well as to an expert audience.
- Cooperate effectively in a team and work independently.
- Function professionally and give proof of open-mindedness, dynamism, competence, sense of responsibility, and willingness to take leadership if needed.
- Manage risk appropriately and handle failure in a constructive manner.
- Hone continuously their own personal and professional qualities, in particular via life-long and self-directed learning.
- Bachelor or equivalent with at least 180 ECTS in mathematics or similar discipline
- Language: level B2 in English
- EU students: February - July
- Non-EU students: February - April
Program at a glance
- Duration: 4 semesters (120 ECTS)
- Registration fees: 200 € / Semester
- Languages: EN
- Campus: Belval
- Application period:
- EU: February-July
- Non-EU: February-April
- Contact: email@example.com
About the School
Founded in 2003, the University of Luxembourg is the only public university of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Multilingual, international and research-oriented, it is also a modern institution with a ... Read More