This degree is delivered after 12 months.
This program offers advanced courses on statistical analysis, business intelligence, computer modelling and associated computer tools.
This program allows continuing with doctoral studies, either in an academic context or in an industrial context (the collaboration between industry and UPPA).
- This programme aims to provide strong skills in stochastic modelling and statistical methods for data analysis, jointly with the associated computer tools.
- Courses are focusing both on applications in industry, especially in the area of quality control and safety analysis, and on applications in data mining and machine learning.
- Courses are taught by academics but also by engineers
- According to the excellence of students and their desire to pursue doctoral studies, courses about « advanced statistics » and « advanced applied probability » can be offered.
MASTER 2 - MSID
- Monte Carlo methods 4 ECTS
- Survival analysis 4 ECTS
- Reliability theory 4 ECTS
- Design of experiments 4 ECTS
- Safety engineering 4 ECTS
- Data warehouse 4 ECTS
- Machine learning and data mining 6 ECTS
- Advanced statistics 6 ECTS
- Advanced applied probability 6 ECTS
- Language: French as a Foreign Language / English as a Foreign language 2 ECTS
- Data challenge 2 ECTS
- Literature review 2 ECTS
- Internship 5 to 6 months 26 ECTS
Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program, the students in MSID will be able to:
- Conduct an appropriate statistical analysis
- Apply any classical statistical methods
- Construct and analyze an experimental design
- Propose and analyze a stochastic model
- Implement stochastic simulation methods
- Manage databases
Prospects for employment or further study
- Dependability and reliability analysis (RAMS)
- Data processing,
- RAMS engineer
- Statistical analyst
- Data scientist
- Data processing engineer
- PhD students
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- CECRL B2 level in English, or CECRL B1 level in English and CECRL B2 level in French. All teaching materials will be provided both in English and French. Students are allowed to use English or French during exams.
- All students who have completed four years in a higher education institution can apply.
- Limited number of students: 30 per year
For any supplementary information or questions related to the application: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Welcome Desk :