This degree is delivered after 12 months.
The program provides excellent training in many different areas of applied mathematics related to modelling with partial differential equations, with applications in fluid mechanics, waves propagation, porous media, etc.
This program provides access to doctoral studies, either in an academic context or in an industrial context (a collaboration between industry and UPPA).
- This programme aims to provide strong skills in applied mathematics (partial differential equations analysis, numerical analysis, scientific computing and high-performance computing, optimization).
- Courses are focusing on applications in industrial problems, fluid mechanics, waves propagation, optimal design...
- This programme prepares students for leading positions in private and public organisations in research and development departments.
MASTER 2 - MMS
- PDEs Analysis 5 ECTS
- Numerical Analysis of PDEs 5 ECTS
- High-Performance Computing 4 ECTS
- Waves 4 ECTS
- Porous Media 4 ECTS
- Finite Volume Methods for Hyperbolic Systems 4 ECTS
- Stochastic PDE 4 ECTS
- Industrial Software 4 ECTS
- Fluid Mechanics 4 ECTS
- French as a foreign language 4 ECTS
- Internship 5 to 6 months 30 ECTS
Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program, the students in MMS will be able to:
- Elaborate and analyze mathematical models arising from physics, biology, geology, industry, etc.
- Elaborate and analyze numerical schemes
- Develop, adapt and use industrial or research software of numerical simulation
Prospects for employment or further study
- Scientific computing
- Mathematical and numerical analysis
- PhD Student
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- CECRL B2 level in English, or CECRL B1 level in English and CECRL B2 level in French.
- Students are allowed to use English or French during exams.
- All students who have completed four years in a higher education institution can apply.
- Sufficient skills in mathematics are needed (mathematical and numerical analysis). Limited number of students: 30 per year
For any supplementary information or questions related to the application: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Welcome Desk :