The objective of the master’s programme is to provide the students with such knowledge, problem-solving skills, and insight in mathematics that they are able to work professionally in different areas of mathematics (including teaching at primary or secondary school) or to use mathematical tools in the sectors of industry, information technology or finance. The programme also provides a good basis for Ph.D. studies in mathematics. The plan of studies includes the following topics: algebraic topology, complex analysis, differential geometry, functional analysis, probability theory, stochastic processes, partial differential equations, dynamical systems, history of mathematics, optional courses and seminars.
A graduate of the programme:
- has the deep and comprehensive knowledge of mathematics and its applications,
- has the knowledge and understanding of the role of logical argumentation and deductive reasoning, including formal proofs,
- has the ability to create and test mathematical conjectures,
- has the ability to explain and conveying mathematical subjects,
- can build and use mathematical models,
- can use advanced computer-aided methods,
- is prepared to continue studies at the Ph.D. level.
The ranking list reflects the applicants’ final qualification results calculated on the basis of interview verifying the applicant's motivation and educational background.
The application fee is 20 USD (or 75 PLN, or 18 EUR). The fee is paid separately for each registration and each registration has its own bank account number assigned for the payment.
Tuition fee for EU citizens: none
Tuition fee for non-EU citizens:
- tuition for the first year: 6 000 PLN (approx. 1 800 USD)
- tuition for the second year: 6 000 PLN (approx. 1 800 USD)
Tuition is paid in the amount for one semester, no later than by the first day of classes.
Phone: +48 12 664 66 27; +48 12 664 66 64
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 9, 2018