The development of the economy of any state largely depends on materials used in various industries, their functional properties, and safety among other things. In this regard, the development of new materials is on the list of priorities in the development of science and technologies.
Novosibirsk is a leading research center in materials science, chemistry, and physics of materials. The master program “Materials science” provides opportunities to perform a research project with leading Russian research teams, and to learn from the lectures given by recognized experts in the field. A publication in the peer-review international scientific journals is expected after the end of the project. We believe that this is a good starting point for a research career in one of the most rapidly developing fields.
The main aim of the program is to form a bridge for motivated students between undergraduate and Ph.D. study. As a result of training the graduates of the program to acquire knowledge and skills of qualified specialists in the field of materials science and novel technologies.
Duration of study
Two academic years
Language of instruction
- Methods of development of new materials based on heat-labile substances
- Advanced sintering techniques as tools for materials development and design
- Modern inorganic materials
- Structure and properties of advanced materials
- Thermodynamics of irreversible processes
- Low-dimensional objects: creation and study
- The surface chemistry of solids
- Materials for electrochemical energetics
- The main approaches, methods, and techniques of computational chemistry for predicting, creating and characterizing low-dimensional hybrid materials
- Organic materials and their applications
- Boreskov Institute of Catalysis SB RAS
- Nikolaev Institute of Inorganic Chemistry SB RAS
- Institute of Solid State Chemistry and Mechanochemistry SB RAS
- Voevodsky Institute for Chemical Kinetics and Combustion SB RAS
- Vorozhtsov Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry SB RAS
- Rzhanov Institute of Semiconductor Physics SB RAS
For both foreign students and graduates of the Russian higher education institutions.
Application procedure and deadlines
Until June, 30 to fill out the application form on our website and provide with the following documents:
- Application for admission to the master program.
- Diploma (or some analogous document) on a program of the level of a bachelor degree or certificate (ordering) about passing now such program.
- TOEFL certificate (score 50-70: intermediate or upper intermediate level) or other international certificates (BEC etc.) of similar level.
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant.
- Motivational letter (1-2 pages) on entrance to the Program.
Until July, 10 the procedure of selection of applicants for testing passing is carried out.
The cost for full-time studies in 2019-2020 is $ 3800 per year.
About the School
Novosibirsk state university (Russia), located in the heart of Akademgorodok, is a world-famous research center of Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Results of the research conducted ... Read More