Institute of Materials Science and Engineering (IMSE) was founded in August, 2005, and currently offers both master and doctoral programs.
The long-term aim of our institute is to establish a world-class materials science research teaching unit. As for short-term, we focus on developing renewable energy and hydrogen-related technology by combining different fields of research within NCU, such as Nano-structures, catalysts, energy, and environment. Hydrogen production, solar cells, LEDs, fuel cells, secondary batteries, and super capacitors are our important topics.
IMSE currently consists of 7 faculties, 2 chair professor, 2 joint faculties, and 2 adjunct faculties. In addition to the institute office , there are individual offices for all the professors in IMSE. Superior integration with the Center of Precision Instruments has provided the necessary facilities for materials studies, fully supporting our high-quality and advanced research.
Fundamental Core Courses
- Special Topics on Surface Analysis
- Phase Transformation
- Electronic Materials Science
- Heat treatment
- Solid State Materials Physics
Professional Development Courses
- Processing of Semiconductor Thin Films
- Processing and Characterization of Nano-materials
- Materials for Hydrogen Energy
- Special Topic on Electrochemistry
- Introduction to Semiconductor Devices
- Amorphous metallic alloys
Requirements for Graduation
Required credits : 24 credits
Duration of Study : 1~4 years
Other Requirements :
- 4 of the 6 core courses should be selected; students should pass at least 3 of them.
- Seminar course should be taken four semesters.
Research Facilities & Labs
- Raman Spectrometer (Uni RAM)
- Low-vacuum SEM (Hitachi 3500N)
- Focus Ion Beam (FEI Versa 3D)
- Field-emission SEM (FEI NOVA 230) 、(Hitachi S800) 、(FEI Inspect F50)
- Particle-size Analyzer (ZEN 4003)
- Surface Area and Porosity analyzer (Micromeritics ASAP2010)
- Research Proposal
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL or Other Evidence of English Proficiency
- Evidence of Chinese Proficiency
- Related Academic Publications
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 2, 2017