Marketing programmes are available at the undergraduate and postgraduate level at our partner universities throughout the UK. These programmes are among the best in the UK and offer students a world-class education. Going to the UK for any degree has a range of benefits, including shorter, affordable degrees (so you’re saving money on tuition and accommodation and entering the workforce sooner), international experience which enriches both your education and your university experience, and an invaluable chance to travel and learn about the world and other cultures while earning an internationally respected degree.
Essentially, those in marketing as a career or field of study work to understand the consumer’s need and show how businesses and other entities offer products and services that fulfil those needs. Marketing is one of the most dynamic aspects of business and requires both business savvy and creativity. Everyone has heard of Pepsi and can easily recognize the iconic Apple logo without any need for an explanation of what the product is or what is known for—this comes down to effective marketing. However, marketing itself is a varying degree with a range of specialities including the following:
- Public Relations
Marketing degrees often go hand-in-hand with similar degrees and field of studies like advertising, business, and media and communications and would be great for a student interested in one or any of them. These fields are academic but with a strong practical element as well.
Undergraduate students undertaking a degree in marketing in England and Wales will take just three years to complete their degree (four years in Scotland) with the option at many universities to spend an additional “sandwich year” either working in their chosen industry or studying abroad—a valuable option for a marketing degree. There is a range of flexible, hands-on, and rigorous academic programmes with excellent links to industry to help you pursue your goals even after you finish your studies. In particular:
- The University of Leeds has the top-ranked Marketing Department in the UK according to the Complete University Guide. Leeds offers a range of marketing options from Fashion Marketing to Marketing and Management.
- The University of Reading offers a unique Food Marketing course.
- The University of Liverpool offers both a Marketing degree and also an option to spend a year working in the industry as part of your degree.
Postgraduates spend just 12 months earning their master’s degree in the UK. Students can expect academically rigorous degrees with many universities offering the chance to take advantage of placement options and real-life, hands-on final projects in your chosen field. Marketing is a multidisciplinary degree so, while a related undergraduate degree is beneficial, many programmes are open to students with a variety of backgrounds. Among our partners that offer Marketing, there is a range of programmes with a number of different specialities, not limited to the following:
- The University of Southampton is a top 100 university in the world and offers Fashion Marketing and Branding as well as Luxury Branding, both well-known and unique courses
- Aberystwyth University offers a more business-oriented master’s in Marketing
- Middlesex University in London offers a unique Marketing and Social Media course
If Marketing is what you want to study, but you haven’t seen your field of interest mentioned, just let us know! The UK is known for its range of niche and specialty programmes, so you can be sure that UK universities offer just about any course of study. We can certainly help you find one that’s right for you!
The following Across the Pond partner universities offer degrees in Marketing:
- University of Aberdeen
- Edinburgh Napier University
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Aberystwyth University
- Swansea University
- Bournemouth University
- Durham University
- University of East Anglia
- University of Exeter
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Kent
- Lancaster University
- University of Leeds
- University of Leicester
- University of Lincoln
- University of Liverpool
- Newcastle University
- University of Nottingham
- Oxford Brookes University
- University of Reading
- University of Sheffield
- University of Southampton
- University of Winchester
- University of York
- Brunel University
- King’s College London
- Kingston University
- Middlesex University
- Queen Mary, University of London
- University of Roehampton
- Royal Holloway University of London
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 24, 2017