The MSc Marketing with Luxury Brands degree at Lincoln offers students an opportunity to specialize in luxury goods and brand management. This programme aims to develop a thorough knowledge of marketing theory and the planning, strategic-thinking and managerial skills necessary to secure a career in the luxury goods and experience sectors.
The programme is taught by a team of international academics. In addition, the course will benefit from guest speakers, who are professionals in well-known and innovative organizations.
Students can access a set of exclusive career events that help to build a CV, deal with psychometric tests, and formulate effective applications.
How You Study
Students can undertake modules that cover the main areas of marketing including marketing communications, consumer behavior and brand management before specializing in areas of particular interest.
The programme consists of seven core modules, an optional module, and a dissertation. The dissertation is designed to encourage innovation and diverse pathways to the final assessed product. In this respect, the dissertation is an extended project that can accommodate a range of independent work.
- Brand Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Finance and Accounting
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing of Luxury
- Research Methods and Design
- The Fashion Industry
- Digital Marketing
- Fashion Sourcing and Merchandising
- Global Relationship Marketing
- Group Consultancy Project
- International Entrepreneurship
Optional modules will run as far as at least 10 students select them. Timetabling arrangements may limit the availability of modules to some students. As the options reflect staff research interests, they may alter over time due to staff availability.
How You Are Assessed
A variety of assessment methods are utilized during this course, including essays, examinations, oral presentations, and practicals. These assessments are designed to develop skills that will be useful for your career.
The University of Lincoln's policy on assessment feedback aims to ensure that academics will return in-course assessments to you promptly – usually within 15 working days after the submission date.
- The Lincoln International Business School has an experienced team of staff, which is made up of academically and professionally qualified lecturers with relevant industrial experience and finance experts with wide research interests
- The School hosts a series of visiting speakers each year. As part of the School, you will have the opportunity to learn from industry experts. Previous speakers have included representatives from organizations such as Deloitte, Santander, HSBC, Innocent, The Institute of Internal Auditors and Sir David Tweedie (ex-Chairman of the IASB)
- You will also have the chance to build your skills and knowledge further with extra-curricular activities such as joining a society, volunteering or becoming a Student Ambassador.
Honours degree or equivalent.
International Students will require the English Language at IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in each element, or equivalent http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/englishrequirements
The University of Lincoln offers international students (non-EU/UK) who do not meet the direct entry requirements for a postgraduate degree course the option of completing a degree preparation programme at the university’s International Study Centre. To find out more please visit http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/isc
Program taught in: