Fact sheet MiMM
Our fact sheet provides important information about our Master’s program in Marketing Management (MiMM).
- Master's program: Marketing Management (MiMM)
- Degree: Master of Arts HSG (M.A. HSG)
- Program start: Fall semester (calendar week 38)
- Duration: 1.5 years / 3 semesters, full-time
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Program language: German and English
- Program running since:
- German program: 2004 (until FS19 known as MSC)
- English program: 2012 (until FS19 known as MSC)
- Accreditation: EQUIS, AACSB
- Application window: 1st October to 31st March
You focus on customers. You are a future executive. You consider theory in conjunction with practice to be important.
Nowadays, customer-focused management is a prerequisite for success. With the 3-Track-Approach that we have developed, we face this challenge in an innovative way.
- Identify challenges and the need for action from the viewpoint of customers and the market and are able to adopt other entrepreneurial perspectives.
- Are familiar with methods and instruments of market research and consumer behavior because they have applied them to practical examples and practiced them.
- Conduct well-founded assessments of the effectiveness and efficiency of strategies and campaigns in the context of market-oriented corporate management (marketing management).
- Are competent in the conceptualization of a market-oriented use of instruments and are able to innovate strategies in a dynamic environment.
- Are well-versed in dealing with (digital) media.
- Combine qualitative and quantitative analytical and conceptual methods in order to solve present and future problems.
- Gauge the impact of entrepreneurial strategies and plans on the market, on society, and on the environment in a realistic manner.
- Have learned to tackle new things in a spirit of personal responsibility.
- Formulate clear consequences.
Six reasons for the MiMM
Besides our competence in customer-oriented disciplines, we can give you six reasons why you would like to become aN MiMM student. The MiMM offers:
- An innovative 3-Track-Approach.
- A great deal of diversity: it is the Master’s program with most institutes under one umbrella of the University of St. Gallen.
- A great deal of freedom when it comes to selecting the courses you have to attend.
- Possibilities of specialization.
- Interactive lectures.
- Very strong links between students and institutes.
- A varied student mix.
Join up: the MiMM-Master will empower you for the future.
We empower you for the future. As an MiMM graduate, you are widely qualified and ready to face attractive professional tasks.
Preparation for attractive professional fields
Soundly acquired knowledge and new combinable skills (analytical and conceptual skills, instrumental knowledge) and the practiced basic approach (market orientation and responsible action in practice) is an indispensable necessity for success in the world of work that is changing ever more rapidly.
Future developments for professional profiles in marketing will be:
- The increasing significance of digital competencies.
- Analytical competencies, such as advanced analytics.
- “Contentual” competencies, such as storytelling.
- The ability to think and work in a solution-oriented manner.
- Involvement in transformation processes (in cooperation with other departments, introducing the customers’ viewpoint).
- Marketing-strategic support – working out concepts and positionings for (business model) innovations.
- Managerial assessment of innovative marketing approaches and evaluation of their contribution towards corporate success.
"The MSC/MiMM focuses on customer value, the benefit for customers, and the benefit for the company through customers. This strong focus on customers in all lectures and projects, and thus from diverse perspectives, leads to an extensive perception of customers which helps me to make the right decisions every day in my activities as a product manager in the foodstuffs industry."
Product Manager, Pasta and Durable Convenience, Hilcona AG
The regular duration of the MiMM degree course is 3 semesters. You can start the course either in fall or the spring semester. You can choose between an English-language and a German-language track. The two programs will have the same structure. Compulsory courses will be taught in both languages. In core electives, some will be offered in German, others in English. To obtain a MiMM degree, you will require 90 credits, which can be divided up as follows:
Compulsory subjects and core electives (42 ECTS) are based on the innovative 3-Track-System that we have developed. The great number of institutes involved constitutes the foundation for the excellent cooperation with practice. The numerous application areas and application projects provide you with a unique opportunity to gather experience in essential dynamic industries.
Independent electives (12 ECTS) include cross-program courses. You can either attend additional core electives of our MiMM Master or select courses from other Master’s programs. You are also able to choose from among lectures that are specially offered as independent electives.
Our core studies are complemented by contextual studies (18 ECTS), which provide you with an opportunity to enlarge upon and apply interdisciplinary knowledge, particularly in the field of sociology, psychology, communication, and languages.
You can also earn a maximum of 6 practice credits through practical work that is closely related to the subject matter of your degree course. Depending on the situation, practice credits are credited to contextual studies or independent electives.
For your Master’s thesis, please consult the implementation provisions, the fact sheet, the list of faculty members, and further relevant information.
You can find detailed information about the structure of the MiMM Master’s program in the degree course scheme.
MiMM Admission Criteria
- Recognized degree from a Swiss university with at least 180 ECTS credit points.
- Language requirements in the languages of instruction.
Please consult our website for further details and the most up-to-date information about the admission criteria.
- The degree program starts in the fall semester. The application is made online. The application fee is CHF 250.
- Application period: 1st October - 31st March
You are curious. You think in a market- and customer-oriented way. You love challenges in theory and practice.
We prefer students with creative ideas, multidisciplinary knowledge, personal initiative, and practical orientation.
Communicative and interdisciplinary
You hold a degree in a management or other discipline from a university or a Fachhochschule. You are communicative, flexible, and capable of understanding interdisciplinary mechanisms and processes.
Curious and practice-oriented
Your curiosity and your practice-oriented way of thinking enable you to solve real entrepreneurial questions on the basis of your specialist knowledge. If beside your qualitative skills, you also possess a certain flair for numbers, then you are a born MiMM student.
Our MiMM Master is energized by its varied and actively involved students – by you. Get the maximum out of our MiMM Master’s program. Turn your studies into your own thing.
About the School
University of St. Gallen (HSG), School of Management, Economics, Law, Social Sciences and International Affairs
With success: the University of St.Gallen has constantly been ranked among the top business schools in Europe. The Master's Program in Strategy and International Management is ranked 1st worldwide in ... Read More