Master in Marketing Intelligence
What is marketing intelligence?
Marketing intelligence is the integration of marketing research, strategy, analytics, data management and interactive marketing. Towson University's master's degree program in marketing intelligence with an embedded Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Interactive Marketing is designed with an applied, experiential learning focus based on industry needs. Through rigorous coursework and hands-on research, you will learn how to acquire, analyze and utilize marketing data and gain the experience necessary to enter high-level positions responsible for strategic decisions.
Why earn a master’s degree in marketing intelligence?
With digital marketing options evolving rapidly, companies need individuals who can create, implement and evaluate data-driven marketing strategies. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment of market research analysts to grow 32 percent from 2012 to 2022.
As a graduate of Towson’s Marketing Intelligence master’s program you will be qualified for jobs such as:
- Marketing Intelligence Analyst
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Customer Insight Specialist
More about the Program
Admission to the master’s degree program in marketing intelligence is competitive. The curriculum requires 30 units that may be completed in a two-year suggested course sequence.
The program is currently admitting for the fall 2015 term only. The deadline to apply is Aug. 1. Priority will be given to students whose application and materials have been received by July 1. Spring admission is not available at this time.
Admission to the Master of Science degree in Marketing Intelligence is competitive. The eligibility requirements are:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 (on a scale of 4.00) or equivalent on the most recent 60 units of graduate or undergraduate work. Conditional admission may be granted with a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). At least one score must be submitted.
To apply, complete a Graduate Admission application. The following additional information will be requested as part of the online application:
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your ability to withstand the rigors of a graduate education. (Email addresses of recommenders must be entered on application).
- A one- to two-page personal statement describing your past relevant experience, your career goals and how you expect this program to support those goals
- A resume
- International students may be subject to additional requirements. See the admissions website for more information.
Students without undergraduate coursework in statistics and programming may be required to complete additional coursework in these areas prior to being admitted the program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017